Reactions to the loan (2021-22)

Woso.Updates

Tagged: @ArsenalWFC @Barclayswsl @FCBFemeni @LigaF @AJ.Castillo

Liked by 846,332,134 others

Woso.Updates: 

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Arsenal Women's midfielder and USWNT Captain Lexi Castillo is confirmed to be out on loan to Barcelona Femení for the upcoming 2021-2022 season. Her contract with Arsenal is set to expire at the end of this season, and there is currently no indication regarding her plans following the conclusion of her contract.

This announcement has taken many by surprise, as there were no prior rumours about this loan move. Castillo's appearances in the starting eleven during the 2020-2021 season were sporadic at best, leading to significant criticism from fans towards Arsenal's management for their perceived mishandling of one of the team's and the world's best players. Despite her inconsistent starts, Castillo was the leading scorer for Arsenal in the 2020-2021 season.

Arsenal's 2020-2021 season saw them finish third in the Women's Super League (WSL) and become runners-up in the FA Cup, where they lost 3-0 to Chelsea in the final. Controversially, Castillo was benched for the majority of that crucial match, only coming onto the pitch in the final 10 minutes.

In stark contrast, Barcelona Femení had an exceptional 2020-2021 season. They won Liga F, secured a 4-2 victory over Levante to claim the Copa de la Reina, and triumphed in the UEFA Women's Champions League final with a dominant 4-0 win against Chelsea.

When Castillo left Barcelona for Arsenal, the team management stated she was always welcome back and would always have a place on the team. Could this be Barcelona's move to begin integrating Castillo back into their ranks? Why would Arsenal agree to loan out one of their top players, especially considering the timing of her contract running out, which could be crucial in determining whether she re-signs with Arsenal or not?

It is currently unknown whether Castillo requested this loan or if it was arranged solely through management. If the latter is the case, this could explain why Castillo has not been seen at training with Arsenal recently.

This development raises several questions: Why has this decision been made? What implications does this have for Castillo's future? Stay tuned for further updates on this evolving story.

#WOSO #ArsenalWomen #BarcelonaFemeni #TransferNews #BreakingNews #LexiCastillo

Comments:

"I can't believe Arsenal is letting her go on loan! She's our top scorer! 😤 #ArsenalWomen #BadMove"

 "Welcome back, Lexi! Can't wait to see you dominate in Barca colours again! 🔵🔴 #ForçaBarça #LexiCastillo"

"This is so confusing. Why loan out your best player? Arsenal management needs to explain this. 🤔 #WOSO #ArsenalWomen"

 "Arsenal is in shambles. Benching Castillo in the FA Cup final was a huge mistake, now this? 🤦‍♂️"

 "Excited to see our captain back at Barcelona, but what does this mean for her future? #USWNT #LexiCastillo"

 "Absolutely gutted. Lexi deserves better than sporadic starts and a loan move. 😔 #ArsenalForever"

 "Strategic move by Barca? Maybe they're getting ready to bring her back permanently. 👀 #TransferRumors"

 "If Arsenal did this without her knowledge, that's just wrong. No wonder she hasn't been at training. #PlayerRights"

"Barcelona just keeps getting stronger. Lexi Castillo will shine there, no doubt! 🌟 #LigaF #BarcelonaFemeni"