Match day.

Your pov.

We all were waiting for the toss , when the weather decided to test all of our patience and guess what now it has been 2 and a half hours we have been waiting for the toss to take place .

You:nhi hoga kya Aaj match *whined*
Shahneel: kya kare bhabhi , accha andar chalte hai humlog .

We were inside the dressing room only , most of the family members were there we just came out for 10 minutes. We got in as shubman was looking tensed.

Shubman: yaar, bhakkk we are trying to win aur yeh baarishhhh!!
Rashid: shubman calm down.
David:yeah mate , calm down.
You:they are right, aise aap agar disturbed rahoge toh baarish nhi band ho jaayega.

I said as he sat on the chair in front of the mirrored window . Shahneel di went towards him as she made him understand, he nodded as we both sat.

Time skip.

It was still raining, as shubman got up before he went towards the food area.

He bought two plates as he handed shahneel di one and one to me as he sat down again.

Shahneel:khud tensed rahega lekin care karna nhi chorega .
You:di kithe lucky hai na hum , humaare Bhai kitna care karte hai humara.
Shahneel: woh toh hai .

We had the food as we again sat down now totally bored as everyone was engrossed in watching movies, reels and others.

Shubman then came as he sat on the couch beside us as he leaned over the couch closing his eyes .

They , shubman and Ashish sir went to check the pitch and all downstairs and they again came back.

We all were now not so motivated as I was feeling bad .

The toss was finally going to happen at 10:31 p.m and it also didn't take place because again it started raining.

Later the match was abandoned and GT was out of the playoffs too. I got tears in my eyes , because how hard they were trying to get on top, day and night practicing without thinking about themselves. Shubman stood strong though he looked at us with a sad glaze before they went down yo bid the fans.

Time skip.

We were now at the hotel as all of us were sitting on the garden and consoling eachother. Shubman was standing and looking at everyone's sad and gloomy faces. I and di went towards him as di said.

Shahneel:kaka, stay strong bacche !
Shubman: I couldn't do anything di! They were right! I am nothing compared to others!
Shahneel:shut up !
You: shubman please don't say like that! We will comeback stronger next year right?! Let others say what they want , this is human nature! They are dumb to compare you with other players!! You did your best , we all know that! And GT fans are so supportive, see all these posts! They are still there for you, for the team!
Shubman: but we had the chance to win! And go above right?!
You: it's ok na, I yes we had the chance but maybe it was not in our luck . See Bhai was also gloomy , he asked me to tell you to stay strong and March forward! See his text .

I gave him my phone as shahneel di nodded before pushing her with us , to sit on the bench.

Shubman: I am the worsttt! They were right hardik Bhai was making us win and go to the playoffs, be the runner up!
You:no, now this is wrong! Totally wrong! Hardik Bhai was making you guys win then why is MI out of the playoffs ? Why are they eliminated? It's not because of Harry Bhai budhu! It's just it wasn't in our luck! But we can always look forward for the next!! Now stop with all those nonsense thoughts coming in your mind!you are best as the way you are! You can pave the way shubman!
Shahneel: totally agreeing!
Shubman:am I a great captain? Hell no-
You:hell yes! You are a young captain shubman! You have so much pressure on you! Let others think what they want just prove yourself! And we are proud of you! We always will be!

He closed his eyes as he hugged shahneel di, a small smiled appeared in my face as shahneel di pulled me towards them as we did a group hug.

After everyone felt a little well, we came back to our room.

Time skip.

I was now back to mumbai ,as mumma and aunty had already finalized the date for our roka , it was 28th may ! And to be true now I was a bit nervous and sad , thinking after roka , we will marry and then I would have to leave my family! But one thing for sure I won't feel alone , because his family is a literal sweetheart!

Ritika: y/n we are planning to go to a resort after MI's last match! You are up for it right?
You:yeppp, who would say no to a family vacation. Mumma and papa are coming?
Ritika:nope, they want to stay here with Anushree , as Anushree has a lot of pending works , and plus they told that they needed to prepare everything for the roka.
You:ohhh *pout*
Ritika: aree cutieee don't worry , we all will go somewhere to spend time before ro leaves for world cup.
You:I feel so happy you know! For the first time I will be accompanying my brother! Without hiding myself!
Ritika:yeah! Ok so let's go and get Sammy back from her summer camp!
You:yeah ,and I bought so Many things for her aswell! She would definitely love it .

We came back after pickup up Sammy as now Sammy was excited and clapping her hands as I took out the gifts I bought for her while ritsy bhabhi was sitting there with a smile on her face.

You:oh yeah , Sammy shubman got it for you.
Samaira:what is it??! *Excited* it's so preetyyy mumma!
Ritika: isn't it! Chalo let's call chachu and thank him.

She video called shubman as I was peeking from behind.

Ritika: come y/n sit, and stop peeking at last he is your soon to be husband! *Teasing*
You:bhabhiiii .

Samaira:thank you chachu,I loveeeeee ittt!
Shubman:glad our Sammy loved it! Bhabhi pehna dijiye na aap usse .
Ritika:sure , thanks shubman!
Shubman: it's nothing bhabhi, and plus shahneel di and she selected it , and sent me the pic ,and in one glance I loved it so much!
Samaira: yayyyy ,thankkk youuu chachu!
Shubman:no thank you baby!
Ritika: shubman , don't be sad my boy! I know it hurts,but chin up my boy! You gotta prove everyone wrong!
Shubman:yeah bhabhi *smile*

Ok that's it for this chapter! Truly sad and feeling off because of this! Our boys did their best! And stood strong! Proud of them! They will for sure comeback stronger next year! And captain gill! You made us proud! We will always love you and support you no matter what!! Keep loving shubman and ishan 😂 ❤️ and everyone!