42 | PT's & Dying

FLORENCE

I just got off the phone when Rhea got back from the gym. I didn't even wake up when she snuck her way out early this morning.

She softly smiled when she saw me in the kitchen, Ryan in my arms and wide awake. "Hey." She dropped her gym bag on the floor and come over, kissing Ryan on the head and then swiping over my hair.

I didn't get a kiss?

I gave her my cheek, and she raised her eyebrows at me. "I didn't think you'd want to be slapped so early of a morning."

I scoffed, and she softly chuckled and lent in to kiss me on the cheek. Than on the temple. "How are you this morning?" She asked.

"A little sad, because someone left without waking me up." I pout.

"Sorry, Flo." She whispered. "I just needed to get out for a bit."

I smiled when I saw her neck. "You didn't even bother to try hiding those hickeys, Rhea."

She shrugged.

I noticed the even worse bags under her eyes too. I knew she struggled to sleep after her nightmare, but it looked like she didn't even attempt to. "You should try and get some sleep today." I say.

"I'm alright." She brushed it off.

"Hey, Rhea." I said a bit more seriously, because I was growing really worried about her. "I want you rested and healthy and happy."

"I am." She lied to me.

I tilted my head. "Rhea... Would it help if you could maybe talk to someone about all of this?"

"You're gonna put me in therapy?" She seemed offended. "I'm not depressed, Flo."

"You don't have to be depressed to go to therapy, Rhea." I say. "Anyone can go about anything. It might help." I shrug and look at her curiosity.

She shook her head. "I'm not talking to anyone. I'm fine."

She wasn't fine. "Then try and get some sleep ok? I'm heading out soon and Ryan will need a nap too, you guys can both-"

"Where are you going?" She moved in closer. Waiting and staring. Her eyes fell down my body, taking in what I was wearing. Then her eyes squinted in confusion. "On a run or something? Pilates?"

"No I but I would love to go to Pilates class!" I whine a little. "I'm just going to the gym."

Rhea looked confused. "Why didn't you say something? You could have come with me?"

"I only just made an appointment."

Now Rhea looked extra confused. "An appointment? For the gym?"

I laugh a little. "With a personal trainer." I softly gave Rhea Ryan and he moose's himself into her body. I opened the fridge to pull out some fruit to cut up.

Rhea was in front of me when I turned around. "You hired a what?"

Oh. "A personal trainer." I say a little cautiously. She just looked at me without saying anything. "Before you get all Rhea, I've been thinking about it for a while. I want to get fitter and stronger."

She still stared at me. Not saying anything.

I added on. "He also is trained in self defence, Rhea."

"He?" She just asked in a very low way.

"Yes, he." I state. She wasn't making me stay home. I really want to do this. "Is there any difference for if it was a woman?"