3 | Bad Dates & DM's

FLORENCE

"I thought you were taking me on a date?" I asked, leaning on the doorframe with my arms crossed as I watched Rhea. She was on her knees on the floor with Ryan, about to tear some more paper.

She's been obsessed with trying to make Ryan laugh since we got home last night. She's teared through so much paper, our bins full of wasted paper.

She didn't look at me, and teared the paper with a gasp as she stared at Ryan. Who didn't even crack a smile... just stared at her back.

Then Ryan vomited down the front of himself, milky white liquid staining down his bright blue shirt.

Rhea let out an annoyed breathe and I just smiled from my spot. "Better clean that up because I'm ready to go if you are?"

She finally glanced over her shoulder at me, then back to Ryan- then quickly  back to me and she eyed down my body with her mouth parting.

I gave her a very sweet smile in my pure white sundress and golden heels. I had my makeup done naturally and hair in loose curls down my back. Pearl jewellery she got me decorated me. I even had on something... Something she would enjoy beneath the dress, but she wouldn't know that until later.

"Fuck, angel... You're-"

"Language." I uncrossed my arms and stood straighter.

"Sorry." She apologised and she was still looking at me like I was her whole world and she'd do anything I said right now.

I cleared my throat. "I'm ready to go."

"Sorry." She apologised again, a rare thing, then softly blinked and focused back on Ryan, wiping at his mouth and pulling him into her arms. "I'll get that laugh out of you, mister." She whispered, and started walking over, staring at me all the way past me. "Give me 10 minutes."

"I'll take him while-"

"I want him." Rhea said quickly, keeping on walking, and I wondered why she wanted him while she was supposedly getting ready.

RHEA

I shut the bedroom door behind me. "God, mommy looks pretty doesn't she?" I spoke quietly to Ryan. "Those sundresses kill me." I confessed to him as I held him with one arm and used my other to begin rifling through my clothes.

"Should your much less pretty mom wear black tonight?" I showed him my black jeans, and he didn't react. "Should she wear... Red?" I showed him the red, and he looked at me. "Don't you dare vomit, mate." I warned.

Ryan then sneezed.

So bloody cutely that I pulled him closer against me. "So, grey?" I showed him this grey bodysuit.

Ryan's face turned happier and he smiled...

Grey it is.

"You like this colour?" I walked us over to the bed and softly put him down comfortably. Where he stretched his limbs out and smacked his lips together.

Man, this guys was my fucking kryptonite. Including his mother just out in the living room, looking all dolled up just for me.

I quickly moved out of view from Ryan to undress and then dress back up. Quickly, I put heeled boots on with my tight jeans and got Ryan back in my arms. He was yawning and obviously tired. "Please don't be sick." I begged him. "Or I'll be really really upset. You don't want mom upset." I told him, opening the door to walk down the hall, peeping at Flo who was on her phone, forearms on the kitchen counter. The back of her legs flexed and on display...