The Million Year Old Sinner, Chapter 33

[Chapter 33: Gone Apple Pickin']

_________

The Hazbin Hotel...

Raum steadily descended from the sky, brushing past the clouds with his sights set on the Hazbin Hotel. With a push of his wings, Raum plummeted further towards the hellish earth before landing on both talons, right in front of the hotel's main entrance, making not a sound. Raum quickly let himself in, stepping into the main lobby where he saw Charlie, pacing back and forth with a look of worry on her face.

"Princess Charlie, I've arrived. I came as soon as I got your call." Raum called out, closing the door behind him. The hotel owner perked her head to see the Goetic demon standing by the threshold.

"Oh, Raum, thank the seven circles you're here!" Charlie exclaimed, quickly approaching her newly acquainted business partner. "Sorry that I called you in on short notice, I just really need your help right now."

"No need to worry, you caught me in the middle of a meeting with Andrelphus." Raum casually said, unbothered that he was plucked from such an event.

"...Isn't that important?" Charlie asked.

"Maybe so but he's of little importance to me. Now then, care to tell me what you need me for?" The Earl inquired, a slight smirk could be seen on his beak.

"Here, let me show you." The Princess of Hell said before making her way to a nearby hallway with Raum following right behind her. "So, the problem is that I'm trying to have everyone work together through team-building exercises."

"I see. And the problem is?..." Raum pressed for the full answer, to which Charlie regrettably sighed.

"The problem is that they're unwilling to cooperate. Instead of putting their heads together, they're butting heads instead." Charlie explained.

"Might I ask how this will help with redemption?" Raum asked.

"Because a step to better themselves is that they must be willing to put aside differences and cooperate with others. They can't find redemption if they go about this alone." Charlie replied with a solemn tone before stopping by a room with the sign 'TEAM BUILDING IN PROGRESS!' taped to the door. However, behind the door, Raum could hear the polar opposite of team building transpiring the sound of people bickering and arguing, combined with a slew of obscenities being thrown around.

"...And what transpired all of this?" Raum asked, sickened but curious by whatever was going on behind that door.

"Charades." Charlie flatly replied before opening the door, letting the Goetia witness the pandemonium firsthand. Vaggie and Angel were trying to grab and and claw at one another with Oogar holding both of them back. Despite his size and bulk, he seemed to struggle to keep them from murdering each other.