Chapter 47

[The Grande opening] 

The anticipation for the grand opening of the Jauregui's long-awaited resort was palpable in the air. The venue was an outdoor paradise, set amidst lush gardens, shimmering pools, and elegant pavilions. The evening sun cast a golden glow over the entire scene, adding an extra touch of luxury to the already opulent setting.

Hundred of guests arrived, they were greeted by a symphony of laughter and chatter, mingling with the soothing sounds of a live band playing soft jazz tunes, and as a associate of this project of course Sofia Richards and her kids were here. 

Lauren and Camila found a moment to steal away from the bustling crowd. They stood by a beautifully adorned fountain, the sound of water adding a serene touch to the lively atmosphere.

Lauren couldn't help but admire her wife, who looked stunning in a flowing gown that accentuated her elegance. "You look absolutely breathtaking baby," Lauren said, her eyes filled with genuine admiration. "I swear, every time I see you, you become more beautiful."

Camila blushed, her cheeks tinted with a rosy hue. "Oh, stop it, you're making me blush," she teased, playfully nudging Lauren's arm. "But thank you, darling. You're not looking too bad yourself tonight."

They shared a soft chuckle, their eyes meeting in a moment of shared affection. Lauren leaned in closer, whispering in Camila's ear, "You know, I think you might be the most beautiful woman in this whole place. I might be biased, though."

Camila laughed, a musical sound that warmed Lauren's heart. "I think you might be right, but I won't argue with you on that," she replied with a playful grin. "After all, you're the one who stole my heart."

Maddison and Angel found themselves at the same event, yet their secret relationship kept them at a cautious distance. Maddison couldn't help stealing glances at Angel, who looked stunning in her brown tuxedo, her hair elegantly slicked back.

"What's on your mind?" Justin, Maddison's brother, interrupted her thoughts, taking a sip from his wine. 

"Nothing much. Where's Mother?" Maddison replied, scanning the gathering.

"I think she's chatting with the Jaureguis. Remind me why she's so fixated on them?" Justin inquired, his eyes wandering, " Would you like a drink?" he asked noticing the empty hands. 

" Nope, no drinking tonight can't" she shook her head chuckled. "..And Honestly? I think she's crushing on the wife."

Justin's eyes widened in amusement. "Don't talk about our Mother like that, sis. But seriously, she's trying to set up Jenny with their daughter."

Maddison raised an eyebrow that's something new , She was surprised by her mother's matchmaking schemes and wondered why she hadn't been informed earlier, " Amelia?" she asked her voice filling with hope it's her and not the other eldest. 

"Is that her name? I'm not entirely sure," Justin admitted, taking a sip of his wine. "Why am I always out of the loop with these family plans?"

Meanwhile, across the garden, Emma nudged Angel. "You should go and compliment Maddy; she looks gorgeous tonight."

Angel replied shaking her head no, "No No, I can't. She told me not to talk to her tonight."

"Then at least send her a sweet text," Emma suggested with a mischievous grin.

Before Angel could respond, Amelia joined them at the table, her expression serious. "Ma said she's introducing you to Sofia's daughter later. I need you to be focused and try to get to know her, okay? Moms really wants you to make an effort.," But i don't want to, i hate it" Angel said.