Chapter 30

" God i'm exhausted, How many cupcakes we did again? Thousands?" Maddison said, throwing her body on the couch. 

" No it was 320 cupcakes" Angel replied, correcting the girl in front of her, " Right and it felt like thousands!" 

" But they were 320 cupcakes, and you only did 30" Angel again replied. 

Maddison throw a glare at Angel, "Okay Dino i got it Thanks" 

The two just returned to the apartment after helping Edwards at the bakery, Maddison did help baking, and Angel helped in counting and placing the cupcakes in the boxes. They did a great job and were quite helpful. 

" Want to have dinner? I will cook spaghetti and meatballs you mentioned you like them earlier, right?" Maddison suggested, at the bakery, Maddison got to know her more, they played the classic game 20 questions, she learned a lot about her, a bit about her childhood, achievements, family and everything.

Angel nodded eagerly, thrilled that Maddison was going to cook her favorite meal. Her heart fluttered at the thought, realizing that her heart seemed to have a mind of its own around the brunette, it keeps getting silly.

"Okay, chop-chop, let's head to the kitchen. You're helping me," Maddison said, jumping up from the couch and heading to the kitchen. She pulled out the ingredients and handed a chopping board, knife, tomato, and onions to Angel.

Angel just stared at the items. "It won't get chopped by itself, Dino. Come on," Maddison urged her, Already knowing why she refused, handing her gloves and encouraging her to get to work

"And what are you going to do?" Angel asked, noticing the girl already got seated.

" I will boil the spaghetti of course" and she went to the oven already, turning still the girl did not move an inch, " You know you have to use your hand to start cutting?"

"I don't know how," Angel confessed. Maddison smiled, realizing that Angel had never been in the kitchen. She knew this because Angel had opened up about her mother's plan in the bakery. She's fully aware now.

Maddison went behind Angel, placing her hand on top of hers. "First, hold the knife with your right hand and hold the tomato with your left. Cut the top, like this," she instructed, guiding Angel's hand. "Yeah, easy. You're doing a good job. Cut them into small pieces," she praised. but Maddison stayed still in the same position, she tried ignoring her heart again but it's getting sillier.

"You make my heartbeat fast" Angel confessed out of nowhere, Maddison was taken aback, stopping in her tracks. "Why?" Angel continued to ask.

Maddison was fazed by the sudden blunt of the girl, how should she answer that? Angel was serious waiting for an answer.

Maddison, still unsure how to respond, nervously replied, "Uh, I'm not sure, Dino." She pulled away slightly, giving Angel some space. In that moment, Angel took Maddison's hand and placed it over her chest. "It's never like this. I-I don't know. Does this happen to you too?" Angel asked curiously, moving her hand to feel Maddison's heart, seeking answers for the feelings she was grappling with. Not even taking in mind if it's going to make her uncomfortable. She really needed an answer for this case she's been dealing with? Who is she to make her heart go crazy like this?

" Yours is also beating fast, Good" Angel remarked, got back to cutting, Making Maddison face flushed still not uttering a word, dazed into the woman's face, the boiling pot cut their moment, making her rush to turn the oven off. 

-----------------------