I'm sorry

May 2021

Olivia's POV
The team dinner was soon coming to an end, some girls suggested going to a club to which the majority of them agreed with the idea. I wasn't one of them, all I wanted to do now was go home and call my mum to help me clear my thoughts.

All throughout dinner, all I was thinking was Leah and what could have possibly happened to her that she decided to text me. You might think, just open the text and see what it's about, well shush... I'm just scared i guess, I'm not ready to open it yet and face the fact that we hadn't spoken in a whole year till' now.

The girls then started getting up and saying goodbye to the ones that weren't going out, I got up too and asked Syd and Gwinn if they were going to the club, which they answered with a yes so I said goodbye to them and warned them not to party too much because tomorrow we have training in the morning. Then I called an Uber and it wasn't long till' the Uber arrived, I got in and told him my address. It was about 30 minutes the ride, but it felt shorter than that because I was so deep in my thoughts about going back to Arsenal and how the move might affect me that I didn't realise we had arrived. It was actually the driver who snapped me out of my thoughts, well that was embarrassing Olivia, I then thanked him for the ride and payed.

While I was entering in my house I was deciding what to do, between ignoring everything and just go to sleep or facing Leah. First option was really tempting but I knew that one day I had to talk to Leah again, we couldn't ignore each other forever, might as well do it already and see what happens. But before I open the text from Leah I called my mom and went to grab some water.

Mum❤️: Hello? Olivia? is everything okay?

Olivia: Hi mum yeah everything's fine... it's just that something unexpected happened and I don't how to feel about it.

Mum❤️: what is it? Is it Leah?

Olivia: How- how did you know? yes is about Leah she texted me yesterday and I've been overthinking what could be the reason for her to just text me all of a sudden after one whole year

Mum❤️: Because one: I'm your mum I know everything, and two there's no reason for you to call me in the middle of night if it wasn't something important like Leah.

Olivia: Okay well what if I just wanted to talk to you? Or maybe I was calling for advice about my move or something, it's not always Leah...

Mum❤️: yeah okay, that's not the point. Just open the text and see what she told you.

Olivia: okay okay

My fingers were shaking while I was going to Leah's chat, I counted to three and pressed on her name.

Leah - Hi Olivia, I just wanted to say that I'm happy for you, you deserve this. Hope to see you soon

I read the message out loud so that my mom knew what the text said, as I finished reading it I was surprised and confused. She must have seen the match against Wolfsburg I guess, did she follow the league too?

Mum❤️: That's good right?

Olivia: yeah I guess so, a bit random don't you think? Also, she hopes to see me soon? I don't know how to feel about that

Mum❤️: well you'll only know what is the true reason for her to text you if you respond to her text

Olivia: I'll think about it, I mean she ignored me for a year and now just texts me saying that she's happy for me? What kind of person does that?