Slowly drifting apart

*In this story COVID-19 does not happen :)

Flashback to July 2019

Leah's POV
After we lost the semi final in the World Cup, all I wanted was to go home. It has been two weeks now since that, and I still feel like I could of helped the team if I had been on the pitch, but I didn't have any minutes and that made me feel useless. Also, I missed Olivia so much during the tournament, specially those times where I was nervous and no one really calmed me down as she did. But as soon as I was back in England we met up to talk about the tournament and what has she been up to while I was away, it was good to be back with her.

I haven't till' now realised that tomorrow morning she's flying to Germany to live there for at least two years because she just signed with Bayern Munich, and although I am very proud for her, my selfish side doesn't want her to leave and instead wants to ask her to stay in Arsenal even if she doesn't play, but that's just not right, she needs to have those minutes on the pitch in order to improve her skills and gain experience. So even if it hurts me to be so far away from my best friend, I know she needs this move.

Olivia's POV
I was sleeping peacefully until my alarm went off. I started to move and then I remembered that I was at Leah's because she would drop me off at the airport. Before I got up, I woke up Leah who had her back facing me.

"Leah, come on, get up" - I said whispering, and while she was starting to wake up, I got dressed and went downstairs to make breakfast. Soon after, I heard the kitchen door open and I saw Leah ready to go, which surprised me cause she always takes her time. She sat down in the kitchen island waiting for me to put breakfast on the table.

"Here you go, enjoy it because from now on you'll have to make breakfast on your own but I don't know if you'll be able to do it" - I said joking, she really needs to get better on her cooking skills.

"Shush, it's too early for you to be laughing at me" - She said a little bit annoyed, but I saw she was smiling after she said that. We ate in a comfortable silence and then put all the dishes on the dishwasher before we left.

It was now ten in the morning, and we were now halfway to the airport, I had obviously the control over the music, which consisted on Taylor Swift, The Weeknd or Charlie Puth. Leah might never admit that she does like, even a little bit ,my style of music but I know deep down that she does at least a little bit, it's just that she loves her country music so much.

Not long after, we arrived and we met my parents and my brother. They accompanied me to do the check in and once I had done it, I knew this was it, I was leaving England and going to a new country on my own. Just as I turned around I saw my mum already crying which made me cry too.

"Mum don't, you're making me cry now" - I said while hugging both my dad and brother who told me to enjoy my time at Bayern and to call them every day. I then went to hug my mum.

"ugh darling, I'll miss you so much" - she said while sniffing. "Remember that if anything happen don't doubt to call any of us, even if we are in another country we'll catch any flight to Germany okay? We all know you're going to shine at your new club, and don't worry about being far away from Leah your friendship is too strong it won't break, but you both need to put effort." She said while wiping my tears from my eyes.

"Okay mum, I'll miss you too love you." - I hugged her one more time before I looked at Leah.

Leah's POV
I saw Olivia looking now at me with teary eyes, I was already crying. I went to her and hugged her. I can't believe she's leaving, I know that she'll come back someday, but what if she likes it so much and stay there? I know we are young, we're both only 22 years old but I know I won't leave Arsenal so what if she feels the same way once she starts there? But those questions didn't have any answer, only time will tell what will happen.