I'm going back home

May 2021

Olivia's POV
I woke up and stayed in bed for about 20 minutes just staring at the ceiling remembering yesterday's match and how we won the league. I still can't believe it. Today we have a day off but we're having a proper team dinner to celebrate the season, I look at the clock and saw that it was eleven in the morning. So I got up and went to the kitchen to make some breakfast while listening to some music.

Once I've finished breakfast I went to my room and grabbed my phone only to receive constant notifications from the groupchat I have with Gwinn and Syd.

Gwinn :) - Heyy would you like to meet up around five at mine and then go together to the restaurant?

Syd :) - yeah why not, also are we going to do a trip this year?

Gwinn :) - yesss, we could go this time to Ibiza, we can talk about it later when you come at my place.

Syd :) - okay, Oliviaa wake up

Gwinn :)- yeah , wake up

Gwinn :) - wakeee upp

Olivia :p - jesus, I'm up what do you guys want?

Gwinn :) - we're meeting up at mine's around 5pm so that we can go together to the team dinner and also to talk about our trip.

Syd :) - we're going to IBIZAA

Olivia :p - okay woah, first things first. Sounds good to go to your place but about the trip... really? Ibiza? we will talk later.

Syd :) - come on Olivia it will be fun!

I decided to just answer her when we're at Gwinn's. Okay so, don't get me wrong because I love the idea of going to Ibiza and I know that we would have a really good time there BUT, I'm almost sure that, well, Leah might go again this year and I don't really feel like running into her while we're both probably drunk, who knows what could happen. However now that I think of it, I don't know why am I so worried to bump into her because if that's the case we will just ignore each other like we've done this past year. It stills feels strange saying that me and Leah, are completely strangers now to one another, but I guess everything happens for a reason.

Just as I was going to tidy up a little bit my home,  Will called me to say that he just had a meeting with my coach to talk about my contract extension and asked me if he could come round to explain it to me and the offers of other clubs. After the call, I had now a good reason to clean up, at least the kitchen and the living room.

After I finished cleaning, I got dressed and put on a hoodie and some shorts. Minutes later, the doorbell rang and I went downstairs and greeted my manager, I move aside to let him come in and he went directly to the sofa, laying on the table three different contracts. I sat next to him and waited for him to start talking.

"Okay, so as you know you have the option to stay here for one more season, but they've said that if you do decide to stay then they'll try to keep you for two more seasons." - He said sounding very calm whereas me, on the other hand, I was getting more nervous and I think he noticed it. "Olivia don't panic, you can decide to stay but for one more season only". He said with a comfort tone.

"Okay yeah, sorry, it's just that... I've been thinking about the contract and everything and well I've come to the conclusion that I want to go back to England, but to a club that gives me the minutes I deserve, I'm not saying that I have to start every game but I don't want to be a sub and play 10 minutes maximum or none." - I said in a serious tone.

"I get it, I also want that, so I made that clear to the clubs that were interested in you and they told me not to worry because they really want you to play for them." - He said reassuring me that I'll get playtime in any of the clubs that want me.