𝟎𝟏𝟎.𝟑

At first, Percy thought he was still asleep.

When he'd lost his memory, he'd spent weeks dreaming about, the only person he remembered from his past, Juliet. As his eyes opened and his vision cleared, he realized she was really there. They had slept in the same bed as always, but waking up to her always felt like a dream.

He remembered his first day at Camp Half-Blood, five years ago, when he'd woken from a daze and found Juliet standing over him. Even when they didn't know they had been bound together, he'd taken one look at those Bahama blues and knew she was the most beautiful girl ever.

"Wh—what's going on?" he asked. "Are we there?"

"No," she said, her voice low, brushing a hand through her hair as she sat at the edge. "It's the middle of the night. I woke up to drink water and you were shaking in your sleep."

"Nightmares," he mumbled pulling her towards him, "Come back to bed,"

"No," she said laughing softly, "Come on blue, i have to show you something,"

Percy groaned hiding his face in the blanket, "Jules baby, it's in the middle of the night can we just sleep?"

"Wrong!" She spoke softly, "It's dawn, and you know waking up early is good!"

"You do know that my body is not set as sun clock like yours? I don't automatically wake up at dawn," he whined bug still let her pull him up like a dead weight, "Gods, woman let me sleep,"

"Perce, come on," she framed her hands on his hair trying to flatten the bird nest going on there and smacking his cheeks twice to pull him towards the small balcony in her cabin.

"Why do we have to wake up early in the morning? The world should start at noon!" He groaned blinking slowly as he adjusted to the wind.

"Percy shush, and look," Juliet moved his face towards the scenery and he took a deep breath at the sight.

The sea glittered softly as the first peeks if sunlight hit it. Dawn approaching by the horizon, making everything golden and turquoise.

"Gosh," He sighed in awe, "Makes waking up worth it,"

"Reminds me of the beach," Juliet whispered wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

The beach. They'd always had the beach, be it now or when they were in troy. It was the one thing they had found themselves familiar with now and in their previous life.

Percy leaned into Juliet's embrace, feeling the warmth of her presence and the soft rhythm of her breathing. "Yeah," he murmured, his gaze fixed on the horizon where the first light of dawn painted the sky with hues of gold and pink. "It's beautiful."

Juliet rested her head against his shoulder, her fingers tracing soothing patterns on his back. "I thought you might like it," she said softly, her voice carrying a hint of tenderness. "With the Eidolons and all the stuff happening around us, I thought you needed a moment of calm."

He remembered earlier in the night, when Piper and Daphne had forced the eidolon to leave his mind. Percy hadn't been aware of its presence until Piper had used her charmspeak and Daphne had pried in his mind. After the eidolon was gone, he felt as if a hot spike had been removed from his forehead. He hadn't realized how much pain he had been in until the spirit left. Then his thoughts became clearer. His soul settled comfortably back into his body.

Standing here with Juliet in his rms made him feel the same way. The past few months could have been one of his strange dreams. The events at Camp Jupiter seemed as fuzzy and unreal as that fight with Jason, when they had both been controlled by the eidolons.