Boat Murder

The boat is sinking, but that's not the worst that's happened. That was last night. There are only two people alive on this entire cruise ship at the moment. Alora Feign and Taylor Girard. Neither know of the other's location. Both believe they are alone. One brutally murdered every other person on the ship, including their own family, friends, and the captain, who in his final moments, steered the ship into an iceberg, slowly starting to sink it.

       Bodies litter the decks of the ship, ranging from small children to adults over 60. Some have large wounds on their heads. Some have stabs through their chests or slits in their throats. Some lie seemingly unharmed, as if the mere presence of the killer caused their passage. Some bodies have sunk to the bottom of the ocean, disposed of, and to be forgotten.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       Taylor stumbles through the decks, breathing heavily and shaking violently. She scans the faces of the bodies surrounding her, looking for a face she recognizes. Any face she recognizes will reassure her that she's not dreaming. Or hallucinating. She stops at what was once the 24-hour buffet and scans the faces looking up at her from the ground. She gasps.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       Alora shivers as she walks through the cabins of the ship. She searches through them all, hoping to find what she is looking for. The same thing Taylor is looking for. Someone she knows. Anyone she knows. Something to tether her to this world and remove her from the endless maze of her mind that is driving her insane. Her head pounds so loudly she can barely hear her own stomps across the ship. Her right hand shakes furiously at her side. She stops at one of the suites. The one which housed her family for the short time they were there. She hesitates before unlocking the door with her room key.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       Taylor finally finds what she is looking for, and falls to her knees, sobbing. She cradles her father's head in her lap, and brushes the blood-soaked hair off his forehead.

       "Papa..." She whispers. Her eyes widen and look around the cabin frantically, as if the sound of her own voice would kill her too. She sits with him, rocking his torso back and forth. She says her final goodbyes and continues walking around the buffet area.

       She then finds her little brother Alexi. She sits him up against the wall and mutters something in French between her sobs. Her words are along the lines of; "not you too... please... not you... I'll see you on the other side... stay calm, runt." She places a kiss on his forehead and runs out of the buffet area, knocking over several chairs. She's no longer able to bear the sight of him. Taylor did not know she was also leaving her mother in that room, to die without a send-off.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       Alora enters her family's suite hesitantly. She finds her parents exactly where she left them this morning, before they had awoken. However the rocking of the boat must've caused her older brother Noah's body to fall from the pull out couch. He hangs sideways, and his skin has turned freakishly yellow. She stares for a long time at the bed sheet which covers her mother and father. It has two large red stains at the back of both her mother and her father. She removes the duvet and gasps. Two large stab wounds straight through both of her parents. She steadies herself on the nightstand beside her and covers her mouth with her hand. Once she composes herself, she traces her hand over the back of her mother's silk nightgown, stopping at the point of the wound. Before she could even examine her brother's body, she hears a loud thump from a floor above her, followed by footsteps. She turns and grabs a short dagger from the drawer of the nightstand next to her. She could come back to mourning later. She still has one kill left.