library talks

"Here." He called out to his friend.

A girl came and sat down beside him. They were sitting in one old corner of the library, filled with old fiction authors. Adventure section.

"What did you find this time?"

He opened up his book and they started reading through it.

The light from the library window shined down upon them. It was a Sunday morning, so not many students or people came to the library, and that's why they found this best.

They had just met a few weeks ago and started this tradition of theirs.

They didn't used to read whole books, just certain passages of books they knew they wouldn't ever read full. 

"So, what did you learn today?" She asked him, angling herself to see him now.

"That their heart broke."

"Just that?"

"You learned something else?"

"Yes!" Her face shone on the sunlight, "that she was not afraid to tell her feelings."

"She got hurt."

"Yes, you idiot! I know." She said laughing up. "But, in the off chance he'd say yes, I think you'll never find love if you do not risk the pain."

"No." He said. "I think you shouldn't propose, if you're not sure what the one infront of you feels."

"Yes," she said, lowering her eyes, "i know how you feel."

And so she said to herself,
'Maybe not today. I'll propose to him next time. One day he will like me!'

"Here is another book." He said.

"Let's read it."