Paxton's Recovery Pt.2

April 9th, 2017

Peter

"What kind of fast food do you think they have, Mom?" I ask as we pull into the driveway.

"I hope they have Taco Bell," Paxton says, unbuckling and rushing out of the car.

"You better walk, Pax!!" Mom says.

"I can't even run?" Paxton asks, and Mom nods.

"I'll give you a piggyback ride," I say, lowering myself to the ground.

Paxton jumps on my back, and I speed over to the door. I open the door and walk into the kitchen, dumping Paxton on a chair. Laura comes over, giving Paxton and me a kiss. Mom walks in a couple of seconds later, sitting across from us. I observe the room before looking back at Laura.

"They already ate?" I ask, and Laura shakes her head.

"I told them to go outside to play. Clint went out to get them," She says, and I nod.

Paxton serves himself while the kids and Uncle Clint come running in. Laura gives Clint a look while he shrugs. She sits at the table before looking for Lila and Nathaniel. She looks at Clint, who looks at Cooper. Laura turns to look at Cooper, and he slumps down.

"Sit up, Cooper, and tell me what you did?" Laura says as Nathenial runs over to her.

"We were playing infectious tag, and Nate had got Lila, so I was running away," He said, shoving a spoonful of corn into his mouth.

"And then you pushed us into cow manure!!" Lila screams, walking into the kitchen.

"Cooper Francis Barton!! You pushed your siblings in cow manure?!" Laura asks, and Cooper shakes his head.

"They fell in the cow manure. I didn't touch them," Cooper says, and Laura sighs.

"I don't care anymore," Laura sighs, exiting the room.

"You guys need to practice for Mother's Day next month," Clint says, walking after Laura.

"Did you get pushed in cow manure?" I asked as Mom shot me a glare.

"Yes, Cooper full-on pushed us," Lila accuses while Cooper glares at her.

"I did not!! You know that's not true!!" Cooper yells, throwing fries at Lila.

Lila gasps but throws Ranch at Cooper. They continue fighting, and a little food gets on Paxton. Mom motions for me to take Paxton, so I comply. I take Paxton's hand and rush out of the room.

"COOPER FRANCIS BARTON AND LILA BARBARA BARTON!!!" Mom screams.

Laura runs into the kitchen at the mention of the middle names. Nate comes running into the living room and up the stairs. A few seconds later, Clint rushes into the living room. I point to the stairs, and he nods.

I climb the stairs and head into the guest room. Mom enters a few seconds later, and I try to talk.

"Mom, I didn't know it was going to start a food fight," I say, but she shushes.