Paxton's Birthday Pt.2

Previously 

I open the car door and check through the rearview mirror. Peter's in the back seat, letting Paxton sleep on him. I give him a thumbs-up, earning one back. And with that, I pull out of the driveway and towards the airport.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paxton

I've finally finished my college homework, and I instantly call my Mom to tell her. 

"Hey, Pax, you done with your homework?" She questions. I nod my head, asking what part we're on. 

"Alright, we're at the part where we're headed to the airport," She tells me.

"You wanna take over?" She questions, and I nod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paxton

I'm sleeping. I dream of playing Fortnite and watching Stranger Things. I'm in the middle of my dream when I'm shaken awake. I grumble a little but wake up. I groggily get out of the car, or I thought so. The next thing I know, I'm lifted by Mom, and she carries me the whole way. I'm only aware of my senses when Mom makes me stand in the airport line. We're close to the front of the line, meaning we got front seats in the plane. 

I sit with Mom and Peter, Cooper, Lila, and Nathaniel sit together, and Uncle Clint and Aunt Laura sit together. It takes us about 10 hours, but we make it to Moscow, Russia. We had to walk for 30 minutes before we got to our hotel. All the kids had to share a bedroom, and the worst part is we didn't get the master bedroom. Five kids had to share one small bed. But then we discovered that the couches in the room were pull-out beds. Peter and Cooper slept on the couches, while Lila, Nathaniel, and I slept on the bed. 

The first few hours of trying to sleep were painful. The bed wasn't comfy enough. The pillows and blankets weren't good for me. And Lila kept stealing the blankets from me. After an hour or so of trying to sleep, I gave up. I went to the parent's room and slept on their pull-up couch. By the time I woke up, Mom and Aunt Laura were frantically packing up.

"What's happening?" I mumbled, sitting up on the pull-up couch, or I thought. Instead, I was on the bed with the other kids, who were also confused. But then they fell back asleep. 

"There's been a problem, and we gotta go back to Iowa," Mom says, flicking the lights on and off. We all groan, but one by one, we all get up. 

After packing up our bags, we were walking back to the airport. 

"Why are we leaving?" I question.

"Look, Pax," Aunt Laura starts.

"I'm going on a mission, and you're staying in Iowa," Mom finishes for her. 

"But where?" I question, getting a sigh from Mom and a knock-it-off look from Laura.

"Look, all I know is that I'll be gone for at least a week," Mom tells me.

"We have to stay at the farm for a week!!" Peter exclaims, taking a look at Clint and Laura.

"No offense, Uncle Clint and Aunt Laura," Peter adds quickly.

"Hey, none take," Laura smiles.

"Being with these guys takes a lot out of you," Laura says, gesturing to Clint and her kids. 

We got to the airport and boarded the plane, except for Mom, who had to stay behind. I sat with Peter, Cooper, and Nathanial sat with each other, and the other three sat together. It was another 10-hour flight back to Iowa. And a 30-minute drive back to the farm. At the farm, I didn't do anything besides lay in the guest room bed with Peter. 

Peter was texting MJ while I was cuddled up at his side. Every 30 seconds, his hand would come up, and he would stroke through my hair like Mom would. It felt good until I thought about Mom and her "secret mission,"

"Hey, Pete, what do you think Mom's mission is about?" I question, only to not get an answer.

"Pete?" I questioned again, but still no answer. 

"Pete?" I question for the third time, this time sitting up. I look at him, and he's got this blank look on his face. 

"Are you okay?" I questioned, and again no answer. He hands his phone over. At the top, it reads," Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A the Black Widow, has finally confronted her long-last enemy. Read more to find out the battle between Dreykov and Black Widow,"

I click the more option and scroll for 5 minutes before reaching the bottom. I hand the phone over to Peter, and we sit in silence. Laura and Clint come through the door 5 minutes in of us sulking. 

"We saw what happened on the news," Clint says, slowly sitting on one side of the bed while Laura sits on the other end,

I continue to sit there in pain and silence. Laura's on the other side, holding Peter close while he weeps. I look at them every few seconds. I finally look at Clint, who has his arms wide open. Finally, I crawled into his arms and burst into tears right away. 

"Is she gonna die?" I questioned after I had no more tears left to cry.

"No," Clint says firmly, taking me by surprise. 

"I've known Tasha for a long time," He starts to say.

"And never once has she ever let an injury bring her down," Laura finishes for him. 

"What if this injury does affect her?" Peter questions.

"Yeah, she has a ton of broken ribs, her nose is broken, and she had a broken leg," I finish for Peter. 

"Well, if she does," Laura starts.

"We'll be with her every step of the recovery," Clint finishes.

"When can we see her?" I question, getting a shrug from Clint. 

And that's how we spend our day. Sure, it wasn't what I wanted. It would have been cool to explore Russia, but we couldn't. This birthday wasn't that bad, considering my past birthdays. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This part was super short. But I had to publish this part because I wanted to wish Scarlett a happy birthday. The next part will be them going to visit Natasha in the hospital. And then after that, I'll make one more part, finishing Paxton's birthday party, with some Peter and Paxton fluff.  

I'll make a super short one about Noah and Nova going to their foster home. Then I'll go back to the past and we'll continue from the past until I feel we can go back to the present. Proofread by Grammarly cuz we love Grammarly.

P.S. Happy Birthday to Scarlett Ingrid Johansson( And Hunter and Mark Ruffalo too) This chapter's only published because I wanted to say Happy Birthday to them. 

Word Count: 1105