Back to School Pt.1

March 16th, 2017

Natasha

The day I was most excited for. My kids are heading to school for the first time in two months. I wasn't too worried about them missing work while we were on vacation since I helped them do their assignments. I looked over at the clock, and it flashed 5:30. 

"I don't want to get the kids up, but I have a job to teach," I muttered as I sat in bed. 

"MOM!!" Peter yelled, and I groaned.

I did not want to get up and check what was wrong with him.

"MOM!!" He yelled again.

"I'm coming!!" I yelled back. 

I opened my door and stepped into the hallway. There was no Peter or Paxton. 

"Pete!! Where are you?!" I called out, closing my door behind me.

"PAXTON'S BATHROOM!!" He yelled. 

"Please don't be sick, pax. Please don't be sick," I prayed as I hurried up my speed. 

I opened the bathroom door, and Paxton knelt with his head on the toilet, puking. Peter's above him holding an advill and a glass of water. Kneeling beside Peter, I take the advill and water out of his hands. 

"Go get ready for school," I tell Peter, who hurries off.

"Pax, baby, you think you can swallow this advil?" I questioned, and he slumped against me. 

I brought the pill and water up to his mouth. Letting him swallow the pill and slowly sip the water. Once he was finished sipping the water, he leaned back on me and closed his eyes.

"Hey, don't fall asleep," I shook him.

"Don't make me go to school," He groaned, leaning on the floor. 

"You just threw up. I'm not letting you leave your bedroom," I tell him. 

"Can you stand?" I asked, helping him stand up.

His knees buckle, and he almost hits the ground. Luckily, my reflexes are skilled, and I caught him before he fell face-first. I lifted him bridal-style and carried him to his bed.

"Mama, will you stay home with me?" He asked, and I froze.

"How about you come to school with me?" I suggested, and he shrugged.

"Baby, I would stay home with you, but I need to be in school today," I told him.

"Carry me," He whined, and I sighed.

"You're whiny when you're sick," I muttered. 

"Can't help it," He shrugs, and I sigh, heading towards Peter's room.

"Pete!! You ready?" I knocked on the door. 

"I'm getting my shoes on!!" He yelled.

"I'll be in the car waiting with Paxton," I told him before heading downstairs. 

I grabbed Paxton's shoes and backpack off the living room floor and headed to the garage. Paxton got in the backseat and put on his socks and shoes before taking the backpack. I started the engine, and Peter came running out.