New Home?

(Read Caught/Family Reunion Pt.4 to refresh your memory)

Noah

"Are you scared?" I ask Nova as we wait outside our new home.

"Not really. It'll be over in 3 weeks," She reminds me.

"Yeah, that's true," I agree.

"And here are the two lovely kids, Noah Simon and Nova Simon," Our social worker Aubrey says.

"Hello, my darlings!!" The woman exclaimed, reaching forward and pulling us in for a hug. 

"Alright, be good," Aubrey says, heading to her car and leaving.

"Get inside, you brats," The woman says with disgust while her husband scoffs in the back.

As we're walking inside, Nova and I share a look. It'll be like living with our parents, except no one will believe us against these two. Foster children are mental in the head, they say. Foster children don't have parents because they're disrespectful. 

"Alright, you're brat number 1," The man says, pointing to Nova.

"And you're brat number 2," He says, pointing to me.

"Get to your room and stay there!!" He sternly says, spanking me on my butt while the woman hits Nova across the face. 

"And different rooms!!" The woman screams from downstairs. 

I roll my eyes and say goodbye to Nova, heading to a different room. The thing I noticed first was the smell in the house. It smelt like cigarettes and beer mixed. I lay on the bed, pulling out my phone and texting Nova. I waited for 2 minutes before she replied.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My other half

How does your room look?

They're coming!!

Hide your phone!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hid my phone under the blankets, staring at the door until it opened. The man and the woman walked in, each sitting on a chair. They stared at me for a few seconds before the man opened his mouth to speak.

"I'm George. This is my wife, Ashley," He says, and I nod.

"While you're here, you will address us as Sir and Ma'am, understood?" He questioned, and I nodded.

"Words, you fool!!" He shouted, slapping me across my face, making me wince in pain.

"Yes, sir," I mumble out.

"LOUDER!!" He bellows.

"YES, SIR!!" I yell. 

"You're learning fast," He smirks, walking out the door.

I walk into the bathroom, clean my cheek, and head to my room to fall asleep. About 5 minutes later, I'm roughly shaken awake by the man. The woman's standing off to the side, embracing Rylee in a hug,