Chapter 48: coming down

Belly stood at the edge of the shore, watching the sun dip below the horizon, casting a golden glow over the ocean. The salty breeze tangled her hair as she gazed out at the waves crashing against the shore. She felt a mix of excitement and nervousness knotting in her stomach. Tonight was the night she planned to tell Conrad about the unexpected turn their lives were about to take.

Conrad emerged from the beach house, his tall frame silhouetted against the fading light. He walked over to her, his expression softening as he took her hand in his. "What's on your mind, Belly?" he asked, his voice low and comforting.

Belly took a deep breath, steeling herself for what she was about to say. "Con, there's something important I need to tell you," she began, her voice trembling slightly.

Conrad's brows furrowed with concern. "What is it? You know you can tell me anything," he said, squeezing her hand gently.

Belly took a moment to gather her thoughts before speaking. "I went to see the doctor today," she said, her heart pounding in her chest. "And...I'm pregnant."

The words hung heavy in the air between them as Conrad processed what she had just said. His eyes widened in shock before a slow smile spread across his face. "Pregnant?" he repeated, disbelief coloring his tone.

Belly nodded, tears of relief and joy welling in her eyes. "Yes, pregnant," she confirmed, a nervous laugh escaping her lips. "I know it's unexpected, but..."

Conrad cut her off with a kiss, his arms wrapping around her in a tight embrace. "This is amazing, Belly," he said, his voice thick with emotion. "I can't believe we're going to be parents."

They stood there in each other's arms, the weight of their newfound responsibility mingling with the overwhelming sense of joy and love that filled the air. Belly knew that their journey ahead wouldn't be easy, but she also knew that they would face it together, as a family.

As they watched the stars begin to appear in the night sky, Belly felt a sense of peace wash over her. No matter what challenges lay ahead, she knew that they would navigate them together, guided by the love that bound them. As they walked back to the beach house hand in hand, Belly couldn't help but feel grateful for the unexpected joy that had found its way into their lives. they couldn't wait to be parents, especially Belly because she's been wanting kids since 16 with the first boy she loved, slow danced with.