Chapter 40: Someone to you

Flashback 1

I sat alone on the worn wooden bench overlooking the tranquil lake, the stillness of the evening enveloping me like a comforting embrace. The gentle rustle of leaves in the breeze and the distant chirping of crickets were the only sounds that broke the silence, and for a moment, I relished in the peace that surrounded me.

But beneath the surface, a storm raged within me, a tempest of conflicting emotions and unanswered questions. My mind was a jumbled mess of thoughts, memories, and regrets, each vying for my attention, each threatening to consume me whole.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to find solace in the simple act of breathing. But no matter how hard I tried to push them away, the memories of the past lingered like shadows in the corners of my mind, refusing to be forgotten.

I thought of Belly, with her laughter like music and her smile like sunshine. She was a beacon of light in my dark and lonely world, a reminder of everything I had lost and everything I could never have.

And then there was Conrad, with his brooding gaze and his enigmatic smile. He was a mystery wrapped in a riddle, a puzzle I could never hope to solve. But despite everything, despite the pain and the heartache, I couldn't deny the pull he had on me, the way he made my heart race and my pulse quicken with just a glance.

But even as I longed for him, I knew that he could never be mine. He belonged to Belly in a way that I never could, and no amount of wishing or hoping could change that or jermiah

I opened my eyes and looked out at the lake, the moonlight casting a shimmering reflection on the water's surface. In that moment of quiet solitude, I made a silent vow to myself. I would bury my feelings for Conrad deep within my heart, locking them away where they could never hurt me again.

And as I watched the stars twinkle in the night sky, I found a measure of peace in the knowledge that sometimes, the hardest battles we fight are the ones we fight within ourselves. And though the road ahead may be long and difficult, I would face it with courage and determination, knowing that I was strong enough to weather any storm that came my way.