Chapter 35: The Liu Family's Heir

Cold sweat dripped from his forehead as he realized that impulsiveness toward NPCs could also incur punishment, with electrocutions above level three resulting in instant death. The system was indeed harsh. Fortunately, Dragonfly had warned him in time, or the outcome would have been disastrous.
Wiping the sweat from his brow, Li Nianlong looked at Dragonfly with gratitude. "Thanks."
Dragonfly's stern expression softened into a smile. "You're welcome."
With any disrespect quelled, Li Nianlong browsed the tailor's shop, noting that each finished product exuded a distinct charm and style, all beautifully crafted and functional beyond mere decoration.
For instance, there was a charming pink dress that doubled as a bulletproof vest, and a pair of mandarin duck pillowcases that guaranteed a full night of comfortable sleep with a 10% chance of pleasant dreams.
Ultimately, Li Nianlong purchased a set of black bodysuits with the singular ability to repel blades and bullets, boasting a durability of 500 uses, all for a mere thousand dollars – a bargain indeed.
After visiting all the shops, Li Nianlong's consciousness returned to the construction site, where his abilities, bolstered by absorbing Yuexi's power for a month, had propelled him four levels higher. By evening, he completed work equivalent to eighteen men and collected 2700 yuan. His proficiency as an architect soared to an advanced level of 19%, with a significant leap from a 3.6-3.7% increase in the morning to a stunning 5.3-5.4% by evening. The sheer volume of work and speed left everyone astounded. The foreman, sniffling, trembled as he handed over the wages, his lips quivering, wishing he could beg, "Great Sage, please restrain your divine powers!"
Back at the villa, Yuexi, now back to normal but slightly pale, was lounging on the sofa watching television. Seeing Li Nianlong return, she said weakly, "Big Brother, you're back!"
Li Nianlong nodded, gazing at the pale Yuexi, and presented her with a kylin jade pendant. "This is for you."
"Really? For me?" Yuexi blushed upon seeing the white jade kylin pendant, her eyes lighting up with joy. She stroked the smooth and warm pendant, finding it very comfortable.
"Carry it with you; it will nourish your qi and blood, and calm your nerves," Li Nianlong said gently.
"Thank you, Big Brother." Yuexi, who knew a bit about jade, recognized the high-quality white jade and the auspicious symbolism of the kylin, which represented blessings. The two lines of poetry inscribed on the pendant were also delightful: Without wings to fly paired with the phoenix, our hearts are connected through a shared understanding.
Yuexi felt a sweetness in her heart.
"You're welcome," Li Nianlong smiled lightly, then entered the kitchen and retrieved another identical pendant. "This is for Ruyue."
Yuexi was puzzled.
Exiting the kitchen, Li Nianlong placed yet another identical pendant on the coffee table. "Almost forgot, this one's for Changchang. Keep it for her, and give it to her when she wakes up."
Yuexi trembled with anger, leaped off the sofa, and exclaimed, "I'll fight you, you heartless flirt!"
...
A day later, in Dragon City, within the Crown Prince's Palace.
"Old Master Liu summoned a descendant from a collateral branch, Liu Xiu?" Long Zongheng looked over the intelligence in his hand, a hint of gloom flashing in his eyes. Turning his head to look at the tall young man sitting in front of a computer, heedlessly playing a headshot game, Long Zongheng sighed softly and tossed the information to him. "Qiangzi, what do you think?"
"Just let them deal with it however they want!" Qiangzi fired off two shots, exploding his opponent's head, and shouted 'YES' in satisfaction, eagerly awaiting the next round. "Isn't Old Liu just trying to find an heir for the Liu family? Whoever dares to inherit, we kill them! One comes, we kill one; two come, we kill both. We'll keep killing until no one dares to take the position of the Liu family's patriarch, until the family's strength is severely crippled. I don't believe the Liu family can withstand that."
"You, kid," Long Zongheng smiled. "You're still a noble young master, can't you talk a little more politely?"
"Civility?" Qiangzi sneered. "I'm a rough guy; you want me to be polite? Only if you, Prince Long, marry a vulgar girl like Ruhua as your princess consort. Besides, my words may be crude, but they make sense. Once we've wiped out most of the Liu family's men and crises arise everywhere, that'll be the time for you, Prince Long, to reap the benefits."
As they spoke, a new round began, and Qiangzi enthusiastically started shooting again, shouting, "Blast your mom's chrysanthemum!"
Long Zongheng smiled slightly. "Indeed, your words are crude but carry truth. When are you leaving? I'll see you off when the time comes."
"I should have left according to plan." As he said this, Qiangzi momentarily lost focus and was promptly shot in the head by his opponent.