Chapter 27: Unexplaining Flipped

Li Nianlong gritted his teeth and said coldly, "Not unless you give me more energy!"
Yue Chang was surprised and saddened by his initial "No way," but his following words made her burst into laughter. Covering her mouth with the half-eaten apple in her left hand, her eyes curved into crescents. "Big Brother is so greedy! That was the result of my cultivation for three days, and now I've given it all to you. I'll need to sleep for three days to recover!"
"Three days!?" Li Nianlong was startled. Three days of cultivation equated to 5,000 experience points? That was incredibly powerful. But why did she have to sleep for three days?
"Ahh..." Yue Chang suddenly yawned, rubbing her eyes. "I'm so sleepy! Goodnight, Big Brother, I'm going to bed."
"Wait!" As Yue Chang got up to leave, Li Nianlong grabbed her arm.
Yue Chang's arm was pale, smooth, and tender, like warm jade from Hetian. The moment their skin touched, a current seemed to flow between them, electrifying both their bodies. For a moment, Li Nianlong and Yue Chang froze.
Whoosh—
Yue Chang pulled her arm back, her cheeks flushed like sunset, enchantingly beautiful. "I'm going back now."
Li Nianlong didn't speak, still in a daze. It took him a long while after Yue Chang left the room to snap back to reality, staring at his right hand. "What... just happened?"
In that fleeting instant, Li Nianlong experienced a sudden, intense urge to hold Yue Chang tightly. This impulse came without warning or reason, lasting only a brief moment, and now it was entirely gone.
Dragonfly couldn't provide an explanation, leaving Li Nianlong even more perplexed.
Meanwhile, Yue Chang rushed back to the first floor and stood in front of her bedroom door, taking several deep breaths to compose herself. Finally, she regained her normal composure, her hands on her chest. "My heart... is beating so fast!"
Once calm, Yue Chang pushed the door open.
"Ah—Ah—Aaahh—Goo Goo Goo—Goo—"
Yuexi removed her headphones, turning to the door. "Ah!Changchang, you're back! How did it go with Big Brother?"
Yue Chang lowered her head, and a cold aura emanated from her body.
"Ch-Chang Chang..." Yuexi shivered, a look of terror on her face, her legs twitching.
"Xi Xi, didn't I tell you?" Yue Chang's voice was like ice from the Antarctic, cold and biting.
Slowly lifting her head, her eyes radiated a dark aura as she stepped into the bedroom. "Didn't I tell you? Not to watch things that harm your mental and physical health... Didn't I say that... Didn't I clearly say that?"
"Ch-Chang Chang..." Yuexi cried, tears streaming down her face as she trembled in the corner, pleading, "I know I was wrong. Considering our years of sisterhood, please... don't hit my face."
Bang—
"Ahh—You said you wouldn't hit my face! It hurts so much!"
Bang bang bang bang—
(The following half-hour scene is too violent and bloody for readers under 18. Please skip ahead ^_^)
"Hiss..." Yuexi clutched her swollen face, staring at her piggy reflection in the dressing mirror. With a resentful gaze at Yue Chang, she said, "Chang Chang, you have a heart of stone. I'm your biological sister, yet you beat me up like this. I know... I know... I've always known, my real sister must be someone else, sob... Sister, where are you? Little sister misses you so much!"
Yue Chang ignored the dramatic Yuexi and lay quietly on the bed, covering herself with a soft blanket. "I'm in a bad mood. Don't provoke me."
Yuexi immediately shut up, stealing glances at Yue Chang. Seeing the frustration in her eyebrows, she knew Yue Chang was truly upset.
Getting up, Yuexi silently took off her clothes, tossing them aside, and walked into the bathroom. Turning on the shower, water droplets splashed as a deep red flame emerged from Yuexi's body under the spray, quickly engulfing her entire form in roaring flames.
Steam immediately filled the bathroom, and the temperature rapidly rose, surpassing 70 degrees Celsius. The space became misty, with visibility reduced to mere inches.
After about five minutes, Yuexi's flames slowly dissipated. She turned off the shower and waited for the steam to clear. Yuexi, now with skin smooth as porcelain and a radiant face, showed no signs of injury, not even a trace.
"Pu—" Yuexi spat out a mouthful of black blood over the toilet, staining its pristine white surface black like ink.
"Cough cough!" Clearing her throat, Yuexi gave a wry smile. "Chang Chang, you were too harsh."
After spitting out the remaining black blood, Yuexi rinsed the toilet and brushed her teeth thoroughly, rinsing until no remnant of the dark blood remained. Satisfied, she showed her teeth in the mirror and recited an ad line, "Our goal is—no cavities."
Whoosh...
"Really boring." Yuexi dropped her silly grin, ruffling her hair as she turned and left the bathroom.
Yue Chang still lay in bed, facing away from Yuexi, breathing evenly, seemingly asleep.
Yuexi knew she wasn't asleep. Picking up the clothes scattered on the floor, she put them on and cautiously climbed onto the bed, lying down beside Yue Chang. After a moment's hesitation, she tentatively placed her arm around Yue Chang's soft, slender waist.
"What are you doing?"
Yuexi hurriedly withdrew her hand, chuckling. "Not asleep yet?"
"Almost." Yue Chang's tone was still not pleasant.
Yuexi scratched her head and said, "Chang Chang, since you can't sleep, tell me about Big Brother!"
Silence ensued for a moment before Yue Chang turned to face Yuexi, her eyes carrying a glow that Yuexi couldn't decipher. Just as Yuexi was guessing, Yue Chang softly said, "Big Brother is one of us."
"Really!?" No longer concerned with Yue Chang's odd behavior, Yuexi was both shocked and delighted. Chuckling, she said, "I knew it! Big Brother is definitely like us. I, the wise one, saw through it at once. Yeah, yeah..." Nodding in self-approval, Yuexi asked, "What's Big Brother's ability?"
"I don't know."
"No... don't know?" Yuexi was displeased. "What's that supposed to mean? Chang Chang, you can't keep secrets from me!"
"I really don't know." Yue Chang was somewhat flustered but explained patiently, "Big Brother can see a person's morality, which must be an ability, but then a watermelon knife appeared in his hand out of nowhere, and then it vanished. I don't know if it's a manifestation ability or a spatial ability?"
"Big Brother is a dual-element Esper!?" Yuexi was astounded.
Dual-element Espers were rarer than those who awakened abilities later in life. Throughout history, only a few were known. However, compared to single-element Espers, dual-element Espers, while having a broader range of abilities, had to cultivate two powers simultaneously, making them significantly weaker in each individual element. Like the saying, 'mastering one skill beats knowing a thousand,' dual-element Espers were destined for a tragic fate. Hearing this, Yuexi couldn't help but feel sympathy for Li Nianlong: Poor Big Brother.
Yue Chang hummed, adding, "And Big Brother only recently awakened his abilities."
"A late-bloomer Esper!?" Dual-element Espers were weak, and late-bloomers were the weakest of the weak. Li Nianlong, not only a dual-element Esper but also a late bloomer, was the epitome of weakness. Yuexi's eyes reflected deeper sorrow: Big Brother, how unfortunate you are!
("Achoo!" On the third floor, Li Nianlong sneezed, rubbed his nose, and frowned. "Who's talking about me?")
After a moment of mourning, Yuexi pursued, "Chang Chang, then what? What else did you and Big Brother talk about?"
"Nothing else." Yue Chang turned back to face away from her. "I gave Big Brother three days' worth of my energy. You shouldn't act for the next three days. Wait till I wake up."
"Chang Chang, you..." Yuexi looked at Yue Chang incredulously. "You gave Big Brother three days' worth of your energy?"
"..."
"Chang Chang."
"..."
"Chang Chang!"
"..."
"Chang Chang, you..."
"ZZZ..."
"..."
Hearing her familiar snore, Yuexi was certain Yue Chang had fallen asleep. Lifting her left arm, she gently hugged Yue Chang. After a moment of silence, Yuexi murmured, "Chang Chang, as far as I remember, this is the first time you've been so nice to someone. Do you like Big Brother?"
"That makes sense. Big Brother is tall, handsome, full of a sense of justice,which implies a strong moral compass and a desire to do what is right. , and kind-hearted. Although he has a strange temper and often annoys me, he's... he's really good. It's normal for you to like him. But... but... I..."
Yuexi's eyes welled up with tears. As the moon reached its peak, its light poured through the window, bathing the room. In the moonlight, Yuexi curled up, hugging Yue Chang tightly...