Chapter 1: Our Story Begins

Dear Reader,

You can refer to the female protagonist as the embodiment of the institution in the Soviet Union responsible for reviewing and censoring cultural products and publications.

Also, there is no communist content whatsoever.

Alright, you don't need to read the content of the next two chapters. You can start directly from the third chapter.

...

...

I am confident that you must have found the first two chapters confusing. Actually, these chapters are not very important; the real story begins from Chapter Three. So, if you didn't understand the first two chapters, it's okay.

Let me make a few notes. The National Radio and Television Administration is an agency responsible for the censorship of all cultural works, such as movies, games, novels, and anime, especially those imported from foreign countries through official channels. All such works must undergo its scrutiny and modification, and it also has the power to ban any cultural work.

However, this is not a political satire novel. The main theme of this book remains swords and magic, and heroes battling the demon lord.

Additionally, the heroine's behavior in the first hundred chapters is quite strange and unlikable. After Chapter 100, the heroine becomes much more normal.

Okay, let our story begin.

...

In the deep autumn, early in the morning, on the slopes of Mount Hua, an old man, well past his sixtieth year, was making a strenuous trek along the rugged mountain path.

Since ancient times, there has been but one path up Mount Hua, and the ascent is as challenging as reaching the sky. Like NeeRongPing, retired elders of his age typically spend their mornings leisurely practicing Tai Chi or dancing in the parks.

However, on the slopes of Mount Hua, NeeRongPing chose to challenge his aged body, over sixty years old, to ascend without the aid of a cable car, climbing the cloud ladder and walking the mountain trails in the most primitive manner, step by step toward the summit of Mount Hua.

In March of 2048, the National Radio and Television Administration (NRTA) was disbanded and restructured, thus becoming a part of history.

NeeRongPing, the last director of the National Radio and Television Administration, might also be the last conservative guardian of traditional conservative values.

Today, he was making his difficult way to the top of Mount Hua in search of a true Daoist sage.

More than sixty years ago, he was a mischievous child, unaware of the vastness of the world, living carefree at the foot of the Imperial City with his kind mother, stern father, and a brother who was even more mischievous than he, in a harmonious family of four.

One day, a wandering Daoist priest visited their home and took a great interest in his brother, who was two years younger, marveling at the boy's natural aptitude. After demonstrating the wonders of his magic, he took his brother away from home to a place called the Heavenly Court, setting him on a path of seeking immortality and the Dao.

From then on, the brothers took different paths. NeeRongPing navigated through the bureaucratic world, gradually ascending to the high position of director, while his brother, who had not returned home for decades, was rumored to have encountered numerous fortuitous adventures and achieved great success in his Daoist arts.

The path up Mount Hua was arduous. Despite his labored breathing and profuse sweating, NeeRongPing, as a staunch moral guardian, maintained his formal attire, never loosening even a single button on his collar.