Chapter 27

Mari

The online story was holding its own having been compared to the current events happening with Father. I've taken to reading the comments and it seems as though the community is divided. There are those who have followed my family closely and they say the similarities are dead on and they feel the story resembles my family and the author was very intuitive in changing particular things about the family to which anyone could say that it is a fictional story. However, there are those who live for the story and they see the similarities but feel that it's totally a fake family with just the likeness because of all of the drama that surrounds the Worthington family.

I must admit, I have some very smart readers. My book was still trending having reached 100k views. I was overjoyed and ecstatic it was doing so well, thanks to my family. I had uploaded a new chapter and with the new information about Father getting caught with Madeline. Of course, I twisted the story around and had the prominent doctor getting caught with a business woman who was also a patient of the doctor.

Jacobi came in singing and dancing all loud, he looked really happy as if he was bursting with excitement.

"Baby!" He yelled, pulling out his earbuds. "You'll never guess what has happened!" Jacobi came in and sat down next to Vicki, his dreads draped down his back as he took off his backpack.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Vicki sounded worried. I looked at her, her eyebrows were raised as high as possible on her forehead.

"CFE Group got a stage at the Taste!" He blurted.

"Really?!" Vicki squealed.

"Yup, they got one last minute. You know that means don't you?"

"What?" I asked. I wanted to get excited too.

"It means I'm in the showcase! I will be singing 3 songs in front of millions of people!" We all screamed for joy! I was so happy for Jacobi, he had been working hard to make his dream come true.

"I'm so proud of you baby," Vicki said, wrapping her arms around her man. They made an amazing couple and she has been supportive of him since they started dating. I wished I could be out and about with my main squeeze, even though we haven't exactly put a label on what we are - we just are.

"Thank you baby," He said looking at her, holding her hands. "Baby, you've been down with me 100% percent. You've had my back when others just left me high and dry. You supported me when others told me to stop chasing my dream, you told me to hold on to it. You sacrificed your fancy life to be with me and I am so grateful for you."

Shit! That was deep. Jacobi had me all in my feelings as I felt my eyes getting teary. I could tell he really loved my sister and she deserves someone who did.

"Oh Jacobi, baby." She was in her feelings, tears were already streaming down her cheeks.

Then the inevitable happened. Jacobi slid off the couch and got down on one knee in front of Vicki. Vicki instantly covered her mouth as I closed my laptop to bask in the ambience of the momentous event happening in front of my eyes. Jacobi pulled out a black ring box out of his hoodie and held Vicki's hand.

"I love you. I never thought I would ever say those words to anyone. You are my person that I have wanted and needed and can't live without. Will you marry me?" He opened the box revealing a nice ass engagement ring, at least 2 carats. Brotha had been saving up for real, I was so proud of him.

"Oh Jacobi," She cried harder, her hands covering her ugly cry. "Yes! Yes!" She screamed and nodded.

Jacobi took the ring and slid it on her finger - it was a perfect fit. She kissed him hard, wrapping her arms around his head as he stood up. He grabbed her around the waist and picked her up, her feet dangling above the floor. They were so happy.