Chapter 17

Vicki

I couldn't wait to meet up with Natalie because I was excited to see what else she had on Father. I told Mari to meet me for lunch without her knowing anything about Natalie joining us. By the time I arrived at KPot Korean BBQ & Hot Pot in Chicago Ridge, Mari was waiting at a table; She waved me over when I walked in the door.

"Hey girl, where did you find this place?" Mari asked.

"I didn't, Natalie asked us to come here." I confessed. Mari's eyes grew huge.

"Natalie?!" She yelped. I shushed her to keep her voice down.

"Damn girl, be quiet."

"When did you talk to Natalie?"

"A few days ago. I contacted her about a few things and she wanted to meet up today."

"What did you contact her about?" Mari asked as Natalie approached the table.

"Hey Cousins!" Natalie sang with her arms open. I smiled and hugged her; she was genuinely happy to see us. She gave Mari a hug and placed her purse on the table.

"Oh my goodness Natalie, you are looking good girl!"

"Thank you Mari. Both of y'all are bangin'!" She smiled.

"Thanks." We sang in unison.

"Vicki was just filling me in that she reached out to you a few days ago?

"Yes. She asked me to find out some information about your father."

"Father?" Mari looked at me confused.

"Yes. It just so happens Vicki wanted to confirm that your father had another child outside of his marriage." Mari's eyes grew large again.

"Seriously?"

"Yup and she found out that Father did have another son."

"A son?! Shut the fuck up."

"Yes. He's your older brother."

"No, wait. Randall is our older brother." Mari was confused.

"Well, this one was born a few months before Randall." Natalie responded.

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Yes. His name is Bryan Davis Gaites." Natalie pulled out a picture from her purse and handed it to me. Mari and I looked at the picture; It was like looking directly at Father.

"Oh my gosh," Mari covered her mouth and I just stared at the picture. My older brother.

"That's his mother. It seems like two brothers hooked up with two best friends."

"Wait, how did you find out all of this info?"

"I just knew who to ask." She smiled.

"Your mother?" I asked.

"No, my mother's best friend."

"Wait, you know his mother?" Mari asked.

"No, not exactly. There was another party involved in this but was sworn to secrecy."

"Well damn, you just got the connections, huh?" I said.

"I do indeed!" Natalie said excitedly. "I was surprised as well when she told me."

"Wow, so who is this person that had all of this information?"

"It's my mom's best friend. It was the three of them who met your father and my father."