Chapter 21: An Unintended Meeting

Tsukiyo's footsteps echoed softly in the corridors of the Butterfly Mansion as she made her way to find Shinobu. She wanted to procure some first aid supplies and replenish her stock for the impending missions ahead. Little did she know, fate had something unexpected in store.

Upon entering the familiar surroundings of the mansion, Tsukiyo's eyes lit up with surprise as she spotted Tanjiro and Nezuko, the resilient siblings she had met at the Hashira meeting previously.

"Hey there, Tanjiro-kun! Nezuko-chan! How are you both holding up?" Tsukiyo's voice rang out with warmth, a genuine smile gracing her features.

Before Tanjiro could reply, a sudden commotion erupted nearby. A voice, tinged with urgency and panic, pierced through the air as a boy with vivid yellow hair called out for Nezuko.

Tsukiyo's gaze flickered with curiosity as she turned to see the source of the commotion, her brow furrowing in confusion at the sight of the boy's unusually short limbs.

As the chaos subsided, Tanjiro stepped forward, offering introductions to the lively group.

"Tsukiyo-san, meet Zenitsu," he said, gesturing towards the yellow-haired boy. "He's our friend, and he's been through quite the ordeal with a spider demon."

Zenitsu's eyes widened in awe as he realized Tsukiyo's true identity. "The Crystal Hashira? Oh my goodness, you're positively radiant, like a pure crystal!" he exclaimed, his words filled with admiration.

Amidst the flurry of introductions, another figure emerged – a boy adorned in a boar mask, his presence adding to the lively atmosphere. "Wait, where? Where is the Hashira?"

Tanjiro chuckled at the sight, introducing him as Innosuke, yet another ally in their fight against demons.

"Mm-mm!" Nezuko tried to join in the conversation.

Tsukiyo couldn't help but chuckle at the amusing scene unfolding before her. "It's a pleasure to meet you all! Perhaps our paths will cross again in the future. Until then, take care and recover swiftly!" she said, unable to resist the urge to ruffle Nezuko's hair affectionately as she bid her farewells. Nezuko relishes the affectionate pat and nestles snugly into Tsukiyo's embrace.

"Seems like the little ones have taken a liking to you, Tsukiyo," Shinobu observed, approaching with a bundle of first aid supplies. "Here, these should suffice for your upcoming missions."

"Thanks, Shinobu, you're a lifesaver!" Tsukiyo exclaimed, giving her a quick hug before accepting the supplies.

"I'll be off then. Take care, everyone!" Tsukiyo bid farewell as she prepared to leave the Butterfly Mansion.

Just then, her gaze caught sight of a young man with a buzz cut and a prominent scar stretching from his right cheekbone to his nose, passing by.

"Shinobu! Doesn't that boy resemble Shinazugawa?" Tsukiyo tapped Shinobu's shoulder, directing her attention to the figure.

Shinobu nodded with a soft smile. "Yes, indeed. He's Sanemi's younger brother, Genya Shinazugawa."

Tsukiyo was taken aback. She had believed that Sanemi had lost all his family. As if sensing her thoughts, Shinobu elaborated, "He is the only one left in Sanemi's family."

"I see," Tsukiyo murmured, a pang of sadness tugging at her heartstrings.

----------

As Tsukiyo exited the Butterfly Mansion, preparing to return to her training before her upcoming mission, she accidentally collided with someone on the road's corner.

"Watch where you're going!" a voice snapped angrily.

Tsukiyo looked up to see it was the young man from earlier, Genya Shinazugawa.

"I'm so sorry for bumping into you. Are you hurt anywhere?" Tsukiyo asked with genuine concern.

"None of your business," Genya replied curtly.

Tsukiyo's smile in response seemed to irritate Genya. "What's so amusing? Crazy woman."

"You remind me so much of your brother," Tsukiyo chuckled softly, imagining how Sanemi might react in a similar situation.

Genya flinched at the mention of his elder brother, his tone still rough. "You know my brother?"

"I'm Tsukiyo Amano. I've been on a few missions with Shinazugawa-san before. I heard about you from Shinobu just now. Can I call you Genya?" Tsukiyo introduced herself.

"Whatever. How's my brother doing?" Genya's tone softened slightly, betraying his curiosity about Sanemi.

"Are you not in touch with your brother?" Tsukiyo asked, puzzled by Genya's inquiry.

"Forget it if you're not telling me!" Genya turned to leave.

"He's doing fine! But his temper matches yours," Tsukiyo called after him. "I'm not sure what happened between you two, but I'm sure Shinazugawa would be happy to see you again. If you—"

"No way! He wouldn't want to see me again, I'm sure. You don't know anything at all," Genya interrupted, his tone regretful as he spoke.

Tsukiyo approached Genya gently, placing her hand on his shoulder, offering reassurance. "If you ever want to talk about it, I'll be here. But if you're not ready, that's okay too. Just know that Shinazugawa is still your brother, and you're each other's closest family now. Maybe not now, but someday, I believe you two can be together again. You just need to have faith. I may not know what happened, but I believe there's no problem that can't be solved."

Genya felt touched by Tsukiyo's words, a glimmer of hope stirring within him. He nodded in appreciation, but his tone quickly reverted to sarcasm. "You're quite the busybody. I bet my brother hates working with you."

Tsukiyo chuckled awkwardly at Genya's remark. "I can't say you're entirely wrong... haha."

Genya let out a soft laugh at Tsukiyo's response before saying, "Thanks. Maybe next time, after I've achieved what I plan to do, I might want to speak to someone about it. And I might need a busybody around to listen."