Chapter 2: Attack of Dokugetsu

In a quaint village nestled amidst dense forests, Hikari lived with her nephew, Hiroshi Kagami, a gentle soul who bore the scars of a tragic past. Hiroshi also lost his family due to the attack of demons. Tsukiyo was a new addition to this small family on that day, after Hikari brought her back to their home.

Hiroshi's frail health did little to quench his fiery determination, as he yearned to follow in Hikari's footsteps as a demon slayer, hoping to spare others the anguish he had endured. Growing up just five years older than Tsukiyo, Hiroshi had always been a protective figure in her life, resembling an older brother who cared deeply for her well-being.

Tsukiyo, on the other hand, was a spirited young girl, her heart aflame with rebellion. The bitter knowledge that her parents had fallen victim to demons led her to doubt their very existence, believing instead that they had callously abandoned her. One fateful day, consumed by anger and confusion, Tsukiyo fled into the ominous depths of the jungle, unwittingly stumbling upon a malevolent demon lurking in the shadows.

Frozen in terror, Tsukiyo found herself ensnared by the demon's predatory gaze, her doom imminent. Just as the creature lunged forward, Hiroshi's timely arrival shattered the grim silence. 

"Don't worry Tsukiyo, I am here for you! Run as fast as you can away from here, now!" Desperate to shield Tsukiyo from harm, he bravely confronted the demon, only to be effortlessly tossed aside by its formidable strength. 

The demon, driven by a sinister hunger for young flesh of girls, turned its attention towards Tsukiyo, intent on making her its next meal.

Refusing to back down, Hiroshi courageously intervened once more, drawing the demon's wrath upon himself. 

As the creature prepared to strike a fatal blow, the 11-year old Tsukiyo, compelled by an instinctive bond, found herself rushing to Hiroshi's defense. 

"You evil ugly being, stay away from my Hiroshi-nisan!" Seizing a nearby stick, she bravely attempted to divert the demon's attention. 

Just when all seemed lost, Hikari burst onto the scene, her blade flashing with deadly precision.

"You are... Lower Moon One," exclaimed Hikari as she saw the engraving of the number and rank in the demon's left eye.

The demon laughed, "Ah... yes, I am Dokugetsu, the amazing and beloved Lower Moon One. Another one has entered to add in to my feast today. How wonderful! I am sure this is my lucky day!" His evil laughter spreads sinisterly across the forest.

"Yeah right, it is indeed your lucky day as you will be relieved of your evil deeds by me!" Hikari declared boldly as she unleashed her attack on the demon with full force.

In a climactic showdown, Hikari managed to vanquish the demon. However, unbeknownst to Hikari, the demon wielded a deadly poison as its final weapon before vanishing. During the heat of battle, Hikari had been injected with the toxic venom.