☆Chapter 12 : Stand by me☆

Ashley was examining his features. He was so damn beautiful. Those emerald green eyes, that golden brown hair, that chiseled jaw, everything!!

He was just the meaning of the word PERFECT!

Ashley was having those butterflies flying in her stomach. She was so damn happy she's here. But still her heart ached for him to recognise her, know her that she's the one who saved him.

She just wanted go hug him tightly and promise him that she would be with him forever and she loves him with her whole heart.

A tear rolled down her cheek and she didn't even realize it. She kept staring at him thinking about him. She was just lost in her thoughts.

She then lowered her gaze and realized that she has been staring at him for a long time now. She knew she cannot do anything, she can't express her feelings even if she's wants too.

She turns around, deciding to go back to castle. "Ashley," a voice stops her. It was Stefan. Ashley turns her head slowly.

Their both eyes meeting each other. "I didn't expect to see you here." Says Stefan.

Ashley opens and closes her mouth several times not knowing what to say. But she then brings courage to talk. "Well..I.. I was just...uh..never mind I was just going inside"

She then moves forwards. "Noo!! Wait..." Stefan says.

Ashley stood in place, her heart pounding wildly in her chest. She turned slowly to face Stefan, who was now standing, a concerned look on his face.

The moonlight danced on the waves behind him, creating an almost ethereal backdrop to this moment she had both longed for and dreaded.

"Um.. it's okay... I need someone to talk to, and you are here...Can you?? " Stefan asks with those puppy eyes and Ashley melts.

Ashely just smiles softly and say "Sure, Your Highness,"

"Ugh!!! Pls don't call me that!!! You can call me Stefan!" Says Stefan with those twinkling eyes. Ashley couldn't help but blush and smile. She nods her head and opens her mouth whispering his name to herself. "Stefan...."

Stefan then gestures her to take a seat beside him and Ashley runs in excitement but falls down as she was not yet habituated to walking after turning into a human.

Stefan gets up and walks toward her, extending his hand. She looks up and gazes into his eyes with deep affection.

"Ashley? Are you okay??" he whispers, breaking her trance. She nods hed head taking his hand, and they walk together on the sand.

They sit in silence, side by side. Looking at those beautiful Sea Waves.

Stefan runs a hand through his golden brown hair, a gesture that made Ashley's heart ache with love and longing.

"I've just been feeling so... lost," he breaks the silence, his eyes meeting hers.

"Ever since the shipwreck, I can't shake this emptiness. I wanted to find someone. I wanted to meet someone but...I...couldn't " He says with sadness showing in his face.

Ashley felt tears prick at the corners of her eyes. She wanted so desperately to tell him everything, she knew he was talking about her and that someone was her. But she knew she couldn't sya him. Not yet.

"I know it feels like the world has left you adrift, but sometimes we have to lose ourselves to truly find what's meant for us. Maybe....just maybe, the person you're searching for is closer than you think. And in time, the emptiness will be filled with something beautiful and unexpected." she says carefully stating longingly at his fave.