Chapter 21 : Blacking out

Chapter 21

Later...

Riker POV

"Riker, wake up."

I opened my eyes. Ross was sitting up beside me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Mark got a phone call about 30 minutes ago, and he left. And he hasn't come back."

"Who was the call from?"

"I don't know."

"Is he out there still?"

"Riker, I don't know! Can you please just do something?"

I got out of bed and went over to the window. I moved the curtain away and looked outside. It was hard to see because the sign for the motel was constantly flickering.

I closed the curtain and went over to the door.

"Riker, wait!"

"What?"

"What if something happened to him?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like... I don't know. Are you sure it's safe?"

"Well the door's unlocked, so we're not much safer in here."

Ross came over to me and stood behind me.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"If you're going out there, I'm coming. It's safer."

"Ok."

I slowly opened the door and peeked out. I didn't see anyone or anything out of the ordinary.

"Let's go ask the guy in the main building who checks everyone in," I said.

I grabbed Ross's hand and pulled him out the door. I shut it and then pulled him over to the main building and went in. There was a guy sitting at the front desk who looked extremely tired.

"Um... Hi," I said, nervously.

"Booking a room?" He asked.

"No. We have a room. Um... Our dad came in here a few hours ago. We're in room 1. But he left our room a little while ago and hasn't come back and we were just wondering if you had seen him," I said.

"No. Nobody has come in here since he checked in."

"Ok. Thanks."

I pulled Ross back outside. 

"What do we do now?" Ross asked.

"Did you try texting him?"

"Yeah. And calling. But he didn't respond, so I woke you up."

"Ok. Just hold on a second while I think. I'm starting to get really anxious," I said, putting my hand on my chest.

"Ok, that's fine, be anxious. But be anxious in our room where we're safe, not out here, ok?"

Ross pulled me back inside our room and locked the door. 

"I don't have my phone. Can I borrow yours so I can try calling Mark?" I asked.

"Oh right... I got your phone out of the lake, by the way. I think it's back at home."

Ross looked around for his phone.

"I can't find it... I don't know where it went. I had it earlier," he said.

"Maybe because I have it," dad said, walking out of the bathroom.

"How did you find us!?" Ross asked, backing away from him.

I grabbed Ross's arm and pulled him behind me, trying to keep him safe.

"Where's Mark?" I asked.

"Don't worry about him. He's unconscious," dad said.

"What did you do to him!?" I screamed.

"How about you both turn around and put your hands behind your backs, and I won't hurt either of you."

"No! Where's Mark!?" I screamed.

Dad started walking over to us. He grabbed my arm and put a washcloth over my nose and mouth. He'd put something on it that was making me extremely dizzy from breathing it in. I felt myself becoming weak and then everything went black.

Later...

Riker POV

I woke up in the back of a car next to Mark, who was out cold. My hands were tied tightly behind my back. Dad was driving. And Ross was sitting in the passenger's seat.

"Let us go! What are you doing!?" I screamed.

"How about you shut up!?" Dad yelled.

"What did you do to Mark!?"

"The same thing I did to you."

"Then why is he still unconscious!?"

"Shut up, Riker."

I don't care if this is dangerous. I need to do something.

I wiggled out of my seatbelt, climbed up front, and threw myself onto dad's lap. He slammed on the breaks and put the washcloth that had been soaked in something back over my mouth and nose. I struggled against him, but I couldn't do much with my hands behind my back. 

"Riker, stop! It's no use!" Ross said.

I felt everything going black again. I tried to fight it, but everything started slipping away again, and I couldn't stop it.