Chapter 23: Paradox Trainer vs. Gym Leaders

Start from the beginning

Kiawe: Is that true, Ash?

Ash just nervously avoided the question, changing the subject.

Ash: Ahaha! Once you collect 8 badges, you'll be able to challenge the Pokemon League.

Mallow: Pokemon League?

Ash: It's a Pokemon battle tournament where a lot of strong trainers come together. Those in the Champion League gain the right to challenge the Elite Four.

Lana: The Elite Four?

Niku: The Elite Four are four of the strongest Pokemon Trainers from a region. The Island Kahuna are similar to them in a sense. You must defeat the Elite Four in a row in order to challenge the Champion. And if you defeat them, you become the new Champion.

Sophocles: All in a row?!

Mallow: That sounds difficult...

Kukui: Alright, lets get started. It's time for you to try mock battles against Misty and Brock. Now who wants to go first. Niku you'll face them later.

Niku: Undertstood.

Lana: I wanna battle Misty!

Mallow: Another vote for Misty here!

Misty: Alright, it's a deal!

Sophocles: I'd like to battle Brock.

Kiawe: Same here.

Ash: I want to battle both of you!

Niku: I second that.

After that, Lana and Mallow had their mock battle with Misty, with Lana surprisingly getting into it. As well as Sophocles and Lillie with Brock.

Then Kiawe and Brock's battle between Turtonator and Brock's Sudowoodo, Brock took the victory against Kiawe. With Ash and Misty, the battle was between Pikachu and Misty's Starmie, Pikachu took the win. Niku paid attention to each battle and noticed each of them carrying something that would help them in battles.

Once they were finish, Niku enters the field along with Brock.

Kukui: Next up, Niku vs Brock!

Brock: Alright, Niku. Show me what you're made of.

Niku: Be careful what you ask for Brock. I'm not like other trainers you faced before.

Brock: Really, well. Here is my partner!

Brock threw out his Pokeball and called out his Steelix.

Steelix: Steelix!

Kiawe: It's huge!

Ash: Oh it's Steelix!

Rotom Dex: "Steelix, the Iron Snake Pokemon. Steel/Ground type. It's body has been tempered in the high pressure and heat of the earth, and is stronger than any metal.