Chapter 18

Nyomi

So... yeah. I told told them everything. Well, almost. I skipped the part where I come from and who I am related to. But everything else, they now know. 

"Okay, let me get this straight. Alex found you passed out in the middle of nowhere, brings you home, let's you sleep in his bed. Mateo becomes your panic attack defuser. You ran away to day ago, you find out that Parker is your mate after kissing him after almost dying." Haisley says. 

"Don't forget about her two years on the run after being abused by her father." Octavius says. 

"Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Please don't tell anyone." 

"Girl, they way he just casually walked over here, the whole school knows by now that something is up. And we are in a school of many different species. The news will spread like a wild fire in the driest forest." Darcy says. 

My face drops and my shoulders slump. I look over at the triplets who are on the other side of the cafeteria. I then look back at the group I am sitting with. 

"Shit." I mutter. This causes them to laugh. 

"Yeah... Maybe we should have told you before you told us yours life story." Octavius says. 

"Okay, you know what you need? A break. This weekend, we will have a sleep over at my house." Haisley says. 

"I-I don't know..." I reply. 

"It'll be fun. Give me your number and I'll create a group chat with all four us." I hand Haisley my phone, letting her add all of their numbers and create a group chat. She hands my phone back to me. "There. Now let's finish eating and get to class." 

When we get done eating, Octavious walks with me to our next class. Which is the art class that I have with the triplets. I don't know if I am excited or nervous. Octavious links arms with me as we walk through the hallway. 

"You know, I'm kind of jealous of you." He says. 

"Why are you jealous?" 

"Because you get to be mates with the hottest quarterback in the school." 

"Your jealous of me because who I am mates with?"

"Yes. A good jealous though. I won't go all crazy on you." 

"Does that mean that you are... you know." I ask out of curiosity. 

"Gay? Yes. Openly. So you don't have to be subtle about it." He laughs. I smile at his confidence

We walk through the door and the classroom is huge. There are big canvases spread through out the room. Each one has a different painting on them. 

"Is this what the class is working on?" I ask Octavious. 

"Oh yes. This is one is mine." He leads me over to the canvas that he has been painting on. "We just started them yesterday, so we aren't very far along with them. Mine will be a tiger by the time it is done. Right now it's just a teal background and an orange blob." 

"Isn't that how all paintings start out as? Colored backgrounds and random blobs." I say half jokingly. Octavious chuckles at my joke. 

"Technically yes." 

Our conversation is interrupted by the sound of the door closing. We look up to see a blonde girl with two other girls behind her. She looks like one of the girls that think they run the school. 

"You must be Nyomi. I am Sophia." She says with a fake smile. "I think you and I could be very good friends." 

So this is Sophia. The one that who cheated on my mate. This is the bitch of the school.