Chapter 13

Nyomi

As soon as I hear the front door close when Maria leaves, she always leaves after the four boys leave, I goes upstairs. I push open the door to Parker's room. His room is the only one I haven't seen yet and I wanted to see it before I leave. The moment I enter, his scent fills my nose. I felt a strange tingling sensation throughout my body. Even though my wolf is dormant, I can still feel her. It always feels weird when I feel her emotions. I'm not really used to her. 

Anyways, back to the task on hand. I am in here to grab his jersey. I mean, I have the other two, might as well have the full set. I open his closet doors and my jaw drops at how big it is. He's a pampered princess for sure. I step deeper into his closet, eyeing all of his clothes that are neatly hung.  Who knew he was well organized. I search through the vast closet. It takes my almost 15 minutes to find it. When I do, I grab it and quickly exit his room. 

Once in my room, I open my closet and grabbing both backpacks out from their hiding. I shove the jersey in on. I see my new phone on the nightstand. I know I shouldn't take it, but I have the feeling that I should. I grab it and I put it in my back pocket. I carry the backpacks downstairs, setting them by the front door. Before I leave, there is one other room that I need to go through. Well, two.

I walk through the halls, remembering the direction to the library. I push the library doors open, going to the section where the maps are. I make sure to grab the most recent updated map of the land. I now that there is a map on my phone, but it's just in case I can't access it. I exit the library, closing the doors behind me. 

I stare at the door across from the library. Diego's office. It's the one room that I am not allowed to enter which is why I want to enter it. I wiggle the door nob. Of course it's locked. I look around to make sure that no one is watching. I take a deep breath and I focus on the locked nob. With in seconds, it's unlocked. I smile to myself before pushing the door open. 

In the middle of the room sits a dark brown wooden desk. There are shelves standing behind the desk that are holding books, files, and a some decor. I walk around the desk, setting the map on it. I open the first drawer, the one that's in the middle. It's long and narrow. The drawer just has a bunch of office supplies, pencils, pens, paper clips, staples, etc. 

I close the drawer, opening the one to it's left. I look up at the door, making sure that no one is coming in. I look at the contents of the drawer. I am actually surprised to find that it's full of different fidget toys. I close the drawer. I move to the big one underneath it. It just has paper in it. Which is boring, but useful. I grab a piece, setting it on top of the desk.

I move to the other side of the desk. I open the top drawer. In this one, there is just different electronic stuff. There are a couple of USB drives, a pair of Air Pods, and a few other stuff. I move down to the next drawer after checking the door again. It's another big drawer, but it seems too shallow than it really is. I move the stuff out of the way to find a small finger size hole. I put my finger into the hole and pull up. 

Underneath, there is a pistol and bullets to go along with the gun. There is also a small safe inside of it. I guess a pack leader needs to have a way of protecting himself and everyone around him. I concentrate on the safe and it pops open with ease. I sit down in the chair, feeling a little dizzy. I pull the cash that is inside the small safe. There's at least a good couple thousand in there. I grab a couple hundred, shoving them in my pockets. 

Hearing a noise from down the hall, I quickly close the safe, placing the cover back. I close all the drawers that I had opened. I do grab a pen from the long center drawer and the paper I set on the desk. I grab the map in my other hand, I race over to the door. I close it very quietly as the footsteps start moving down the hall. I listen closely to the footsteps as they pass. My heart is racing, hoping they don't check in here.