Chapter 9

Nyomi

I watch as the older man enters the room. I stare at him in shock and fear.

My dad's brother, Austin.

Uncle Austin has always been the kindest man. I never saw him again after my 8th birthday, but then again, I never really saw anyone. My breathing grows a little heavier as I watch him look at the computer.

"Nyomi Dawn Anderson." He reads outloud, mainly to himself. He stares at the screen for a minute longer before looking at me. I stare into his eyes as he stares back into my light blue ones.

"You're.... Nyomi." He says, knowingly. I try to calm my breathing as I nod. I see tears fill his eyes. "You're alive. Breath." He says turn his whole body towards mine. He gently grabs my hands. I take a deep breath, and I let it out, my nerves calming a little bit.

"What are you doing here, little peanut?" My eyes fill with tears at the nickname. A nickname only used by him, Nick, and my dad. I think about how I should tell him about Oliver. About what he did to me. About how I am a rogue.

"I could ask you the same thing." I say, trying to avoid answering the question. Austin sighs deeply.

"I suppose I should tell you. Not long after your eighth birthday, your mother disappeared, and Alpha Simon died, Oliver became the next Alpha, as he was Omega. I knew you had disappeared too, and I was eager to find you and get you back. But Oliver insisted that you were gone. He eventually kicked me out of the pack. Making me rogue. I made my way here to the Eclipse Pack," He rolls up his sleeve on his left arm, revealing a pack mark.

The Eclipse Pack mark. I stare at the mark, a black band that wraps around his arm. The top of it swirls into a circle. Inside the circle is a wolves head.

"Did they make you a part of their pack?" I ask curiously.

"Indeed. They took me in. Alpha Diego is a really good alpha. We did a ritual, and I am now part of their pack." He says. I look at the mark again.

"Is everyone's the same? Or are they different?" I ask.

"They are practically the same. The Alpha had a different one. It's similar but different . It has more detail." He answers.

Austin pulls his sleeve down. He takes out his stethoscope and puts it on his ears. He steps next to me, putting the stethoscope on my chest. He listens to my heartbeat. He moves the stethoscope to my back.

"Sit up straight and take a deep breath, little peanut." He says. I do what he says, sitting up straight. I take in a deep breath, and I slowly let it out. He has me do that a couple more times before sitting back down in his chair.

"Your heart and your lungs sound good." He says with a small smile.

"That's good."

"I need to check your wolf now. I'm gonna need you to change." He says, turning to type a few stuff on his computer. My body tenses up slightly.

"Ch-change?" I ask nevously.

"Yes. Change into your wolf." He says, looking at me.

"I-I can't." I look at the ground. "I can't."

"What do you mean, you can't?"

Uncle Austin moves to sit in front of me. I look down at him.

"It hurts. When I change. It hurts. Really badly." I say, my voice barely above a whisper.

"It's not supposed to hurt." He says worriedly.

"He made me. He forced me not to change. I wasn't able to change willingly like everyone else. My body never got used to it." I look down at my hands in my lap.