Chapter 6

Nyomi

Sitting in the library all day was fun but also kind of boring. I start a new romance book. So far, it is good. I was too deep into the book to even realize the door open and close.

It took me a while to notice the presence behind me. I look and see Mateo with a smirk on his face. He raises an eyebrow. I look confused for a second, and I look back down at the book I was reading. I blush deeply because I am at a very spicy part of the book. He must have been reading the same part.

"I could help you reenact that part if you wish. Push you up against the wall like he did with her. Eat that sweet pussy of yours loke he ate hers. Make you scream my name as loud that the neighbors know who you belong to. I'm sure his neighbors know his name. Fuck you so hard that you won't be able to walk for a couple of days." He says in a deep, low whisper in my ear. Chills ran down my spin.

Twice. Then he chuckles.

"I don't belong to anyone, dickhead." I said, trying to pull the focus away from me shivering.

"Fine. Whatever you say." His hand go up in air. "Anyways, you are needed in the kitchen."

I sigh. I set my book down on the table, and I stand up. I start walking towards the door. Mateo walks a few steps behind me.

We get out of the library, and I stop. For two reasons. 1, I don't remember where to go. 2, Diago's office is still calling my name. I mean, who wouldn't want to go into a place they aren't allowed to?

Mateo chuckles next to me.

"Come on, this way." His hand moves to my lower back. He starts walking in one direction, I start walking too. He helps me find the way back to the kitchen.

"This house is a maze." I said. "I mean how do you not get lost?"

"It's easy when you grow up here." Mateo says.

"I guess that's true. You guys also labeled the rooms too, which makes it a little easier. But I mean, you guys have a theater, a swimming pool, a library, list goes on. What do you guys NOT have?" I ask.

"We don't have a zoo. We actually have three swimming pools." He replies.

"See? You could give this house up to an orphanage. Three orphanages probably. Or more! The orphans would be set for life. They wouldn't need to be adopted."

"Yes. We could. I'm guessing your house was not this big?" He asks.

"No. It was an average size house. Four bedrooms, three bathrooms. I shared a room with my sister. The boys shared a room. Except my oldest brother, he got his own room. My parents got their room." I explained.

"So, it's a big change."

"Yes."

"Were you close with any of your siblings?" He asks.

"I was close with the oldest two, but not the rest."

"How many siblings do you have?"

"There are six of us." I said after pausing for a minute or two.

"Full house. What are there names?" He asks. I stop walking just right outside the kitchen.

I can't tell him. Then he will definitely know who I am. I can't tell him that my brother is Nick and my sister is Jasmine. He probably knows them at school. If he finds out, He'll send me back and I cannot go back. I have to tell him something though, right? But what do I tell him.

"Hey." Mateo stands in front of me. He grabs my chin and gently lifts my head up to look at him. I didn't realize how much taller he was till now. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I won't force it. But just know that you can talk to any of us about anything."