Chapter 2

Nyomi

I tensed up.

I knew Oliver, but I couldn't let them know that.

"No. I don't think that I do. Sorry." I smiled.

Mateo raised an eyebrow. I think he noticed me tense up. Alex up a hand on my shoulder.

"You okay, pequeño lobo?" He noticed that I tensed up too.

"Yeah. I'm okay. I'm just tired, and my body is sore." I lied. Well, not really. I wasn't tired, but my body did hurt.

"I'll show you to your room, sweetheart." Maria said with a warm smile. I smiled too, and I stood up.

I followed Maria out of the kitchen. She led me upstairs and down the hall. She opened a door to the bedroom, and she walked in first.

The room was the total opposite of Alex's room. It was light tones instead of dark tones. There was a queen bed in the middle with super comfy blankets and pillows. There was a white vanity and a soft chair on one side. On the other part of the room, there we are in a closet and a bathroom.

"We had this room set up for while you asleep. You can stay here as long as you wish. You can go anywhere in the house except for Diego's office. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Okay, sweetheart?" Maria said softly. I smiled at her kindness.

"Thank you, Maria. But why are you guys helping me? I mean, you know nothing about me." I asked.

"Because for one, you were knocked out cold in the middle of the woods. Two, you looked a mess. Your clothes were dirty, and you had hit your head really hard. You were asleep for 3 days in Alex's room. Don't worry, he slept in a guest room."

I looked down at the floor. Maria smiled and she gave me a big hug. But it wasn't just a normal hug. It was a motherly hug. A hug that I have gone 11 years without. The type of hug that I could never get from my dad. A mother's hug, this hug. This specific hug. Made my eyes fill with tears.

I hug Maria back tightly. Tight enough that I think she knew that I needed this hug. That I needed a mother's hug. I did end up crying in Maria's arms. She just stood there, holding me as I cried. I haven't cried like this in 11 years. 11 years since my mom disappeared.

I eventually pulled away from the hug, and I wiped away my tears. Maria smiled warmly at me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cry." I said, laughing lightly.

"Do you not have a mother?" She knew. She knew by the way I hugged and cried. I shook my head. I couldn't say anything.

"I'm sorry. Do you know what happened?" She asked.