Chapter 49 - Improvement

Previously...

So, what would happen if that said individual died? Would the Gods return back to their immoral ways? Would they get bored of the worlds they watched Deon Hardt lived on?

***

"You're saying that Honorary Marquis Hardt has already left?"

"I'm afraid so Your Highness."

How did Deon Hardt leave so quickly? It's only been about three minutes since the meeting left, was he already heading to the Demonic Realm as per the Emperor's orders?

If only she had been quicker, she could have at least ask him about Duke Illustre. She was certain that both Deon and Cruel knew something about the Duke that she didn't.

'Ah, I can also ask Sir Cruel.. No, it's Count Hardt now.'

Ever since the 'true' Count Hardt had passed away quite mysteriously, Cruel overtook the position. It was strange since he always objected to inheriting the title, was it because he and Deon were now on better terms than before?

(A/N): Nah he just needs more power to drive his baby's suitors off-

***

"...Cletter."

"Captain!"

Deon looked at the Lofty Knights, it really was them. But this time they were the ones tied up rather than Syllua. He looked in Syllua's direction, Syllua smiled back at him, it gave him chills. What could she be planning now with that smile engraved on her face?

"You guys must be the stupidest people I've ever met, who crosses borders that mindlessly?"

"But-"

The Lofty Knights immediately kept quiet the moment they were met with Deon's glare, it was quite a vicious glare from Deon. Of course, while that was happening, Syllua's eyes sparkled with interest, she wondered if the Zeroth Corps Commander's two personalities merged together.

She also noticed that not only did he develop a new fighting style, he also incorporated his ancient powers in some of his moves. Maybe she could learn a few new moves from the Zeroth Corps Commander?

'Ugh... Why is she looking at me like that?'

Deon ignored the intense glare from Syllua, as he motioned her to untie the Lofty Knights. It should be fine since by now, most of the people in the Demonic Realm should have heard of the situation in the Human Realm.

He wondered what their reactions would be since the broadcast in the original timeline was him against humanity, but this time the Demonic Realm and Human Realm were joining arms.

Wasn't this good enough? If the Demon King wanted to live, then he'll do whatever it takes to not kill Caver. That'll be his revenge for what happened in the original timeline, call him petty but even if it happened in the original timeline, he won't let a single thing pass.

That also meant that things wouldn't end well for the Duke.

Besides, weren't demons becoming 'natural' beings in the world? Well, it wasn't like they weren't natural in the first place, in some worlds they were natural. This world just liked to make everyone suffer.

"..Follow me."

Deon walked back to the Demon Realm with the Lofty Knights following behind after him, while Syllua decided to stay back for a short while.

He could hear the demons residing in the Demon King's castle all whisper about him, whether it was positive or negative rumors about him then he didn't know about that. It was a specialty of his to tune himself out whenever people gossiped about him.