Chapter 47 - Threatening Negotiation

Previously...

A sword clashed against Caver's magic shield as he was speaking, he noticed his Zeroth Corps Commander now had a smile creeping up onto his face. It was quite the most mischievous and sly smile he's ever seen on Deon.

***

"Dear me, please put the dagger down."

"..."

Deon retracted the dagger from his hand and placed it back into his pocket, he turned away for a brief moment before locking eye contact with Choi Han who narrowed his eyes at him. He looked away from the swordmaster and looked at the nice and entertaining floor instead.

As Deon guessed it, if he broadcasted his face to everyone while unmasked then they would surely come knocking on his door, minus the knocking. Since Basen seemed to have noticed him, which guessing by now he had already reported it to Choi Han and Eruhaben, hence why Choi Han called him by Cale.

Once they noticed him, they would most likely threaten or negotiate with someone who had similar goals with them. Stave Illustre was the perfect example, both needed him dead for completely different reasons yet their goal was the same.

To make sure Deon Hardt was dead.

While one side needed him dead in order to take his soul, the other side needed him dead to gain more power. Ultimately, their goals lined up with each other, Deon knew this the moment he (was forced to) broadcast his speech to everyone.

He then changed his plans, if staying hidden wouldn't work, then what about baiting them with himself? Bait them with himself and then take down every single one of their supporters, whether it be the Duke or the Revolutionary Army, he'll make sure they never rise up in power, just to make them suffer.

That was when Deon had a smile creeping up onto his face, it was much worse than the times where he was just scamming people for money, much worse than his schemes against the White Star.

If the one thing they want is for 'Cale Henituse' to return as their family, what was a better way to completely crush their dreams than to say that he never considered them as family while they were on their knees in defeat?

To them, Cale Henituse was their family. If he outrightly admitted to hating them ever since then they would most likely be heartbroken. What did you mean that Cale Henituse hated them? He always loved them, isn't that why he sacrificed himself for them so much?

However, it was too late to rewind time now. Cale Henituse no longer saw them as a family, he had a new family, or well, reunited with his old family. He had a family who respected his boundaries, didn't care for who his past was, nor did they try to lock him up under the guise of protection.

How could Cruel Hardt even dare to do any of that anyway? He loved his baby brother, he would do anything for Deon. Even if Deon had ever so lightly hinted that he would be happy if the world burned down, then Cruel would do as his baby brother wished.

"So, what brings a disaster like you here?"

"..."

Deon swung his head to the side, he wasn't even looking at the ceiling and tried to distract himself from what Choi Han would say next. Which was quite contradictory of him since he was looking at a wall rather than the ceiling, but this was Deon Hardt, formally known as Cale Henituse. Everything he did always contradicted what he said.