Chapter 23 - A slight change in the persona

I didn't know what to name the chapter...

Previously...

"Ed, I'm going to sleep."

Deon immediately headed towards the bed in his room. He lied in bed as he quickly fell asleep.

***

Deon woke up the next day feeling refreshed. It's been so long since he could actually sleep in peace, every time he tried to sleep or take a break in the human realm he have assassins attacking him or a random mission from the emperor.

He might as well run away to another kingdom. He even has an artifact from the God of Death that can help him disguise his exotic hair and eye color!

But... they'd probably chase after him wouldn't they?

'I still need to ask Jaykar about that assassin. Although he is useless, any amount of information and who his sponsor was is useful.'

Deon opened his closet to find his uniform, only except that there was a slight change in it. The bottom part of his shirt had increasingly grew in length.

'It was definitely Devilania.'

There was only one type of person who would even think of changing his uniform. The Second Corps Commander, Devilania was the only person who was obsessed with dressing him up, it wouldn't be a surprise if she did this as well.

At least it wasn't a dress like last time, was what Deon thought as he put on his uniform. If he stayed here for any longer, he'd have to greet a Devilania who wouldn't hesitate to throw a dagger at him and the Eighth Corps Commander, Hell who's literally made of shadows.

'Damn it, I'll definitely kill you Starbe. How could you ruin my slacker life like that!'

Deon angrily stormed out of his room, scaring many nearby demons. An angry Arut is something everyone in the castle dreaded about.

'Haah... Never-mind I'll get my chance when the time comes. Firstly, where would Jaykar be.'

Deon mentally sighed as he continued walking down the hallways. He needed to find Jaykar since he'd most likely have all of the information on the assassin.

'Would he be in the training grounds...?'

Would Jaykar really be in the training grounds? He remembered last time he 'promised' Jaykar and Asild for a sparring session without his consent obviously.

Deon wandered around the castle until he found the First Corps training grounds. He wondered if it was alright to open it, Deon felt like if he opened it he'd die right on the spot by a wooden sword.

'Fuck it.'

Without hesitating, Deon opened the door to the training grounds. The corps members in the training grounds were shocked at the sudden appearance of the Zeroth Corps Commander who barely came out of his room and only went outside for missions.

"S-sir Arut! What brings you here to the First Corps training grounds."

"Jaykar... Where is he?"

"T-The commander should come in any minute!"

"Ok."

Deon looked at the corps members in confusion. What were they scared of? It might be Jaykar since they were slacking right? He wished he could just slack off and do nothing the whole day.