Follies at the Coven Day Parade

Luz turned on a video camera and backed away as she and Bijou stood in the Owl House's living room, both wearing school uniforms.

"Hola, mama!" Luz waved. "I know you don't want us staying in the Demon Realm, but I'm recording this because I think we can find a middle ground and Bijou would also like to show her familia about this world. It's full magic and beauty. Just look!"

She pointed her phone outside, where a skinless, skeletal Hooty was hanging his skin to dry. The camera zoomed in on him as he snarled, and the two shrieked in terror.

"Holy-" Bijou screamed as the camera was turned off before she could say a swear word.

•°•°•○•°•°•

Luz and Bijou were concerned as they stood in the marketplace, but they quickly dismissed it.

"Well, you should all know that we're even learning magic, thanks to my magic bangle and some glyphs!" Bijou held out her bangle, while Luz held up a light glyph. They activated their magical items. "And as humans, it impresses pretty much everyone."

Boscha bumped into them, and light flared in her eyes. She shouted as she covered them and backed away.

"Humans, if you ever do that again, I will set your eyes on fire!" She cast a fire spell, and they stumbled backwards.

•°•°•○•°•°•

After that debacle, the two girls are standing behind a shield that Bijou made. A flame remained on the top of Luz's head. They were now standing in one of the Hexside halls.

Luz chuckled uncomfortably while extinguishing the flame. Bijou released her shield and sighed, exhausted and disappointed. It wasn't going well for either of them...

"Sure, the Demon Realm can be a little..." Luz winced slightly while smiling. "But there's no safer place than Hexside School of Magic and Demonics! Right, Principal Bump?"

She turned the camera on the principal, who was fixing his robe. He hummed briefly as he looked up, then cleared his throat.

"Why, yes. The well-being of our students is our top priority. Which is why we send all our troublemakers to our new and improved Detention Pit!"

One student was being dragged towards it, shouting in protest.

"Please, no!" the guard exclaimed as he flung him into an alive door. "Help me...!"

As the doors closed, he burst into tears. Bijou gave a nervous expression. Luz got into a lot of problems at school, so Dr. Camila would definitely not like to see that, and her family might as well reconsider whatever nice remarks they had about the Demon Realm in general...

The guard turned around with a growl, and Principal Bump gave two thumbs up.

"That's enough of that..."

"Yeah, this won't be enough to persuade your mother or make my family appreciate the entire place," Bijou whispered to herself, rubbing her temple.

•°•°•○•°•°•

Gus, Willow, Jackie, and the two human girls were seated on the school's front steps. Luz wanted to spend more time with her friends while Bijou prepared Ruby for their flight home. Also, Bijou is now wearing a new pair of sandals, this one red and pink with dark brown soles and pink ribbons.

 Also, Bijou is now wearing a new pair of sandals, this one red and pink with dark brown soles and pink ribbons