Chapter 10: Infiltrated

As the next morning dawned over the smothering lands of Reach. On their third day at the secret base, the duo wake up better than ever, due to their enhancements giving them an essential boost in energy.

They did some stretches and made their way to the workshop to put on their new biotech suits and newly crafted armor that they personally chosen. Each hung up on RIG stations, jet black and installed with stealth technology waiting to be used.

They enter and the Advanced AI Olivia was waiting for them there, like she was tracking them. "Bonjour soldats, I trust that you've slept well. You certainly look more energizes than when you've first arrived."

Jaesa looks at Olivia skeptical of her enthusiasm. "Morning Olivia, I trust that you weren't spying on us last night?" Olivia nodded no. "Not this time, I wanted to respect your privacy. Honest."

Under the supervision of the AI overseer Olivia 2, she assisted Ghost 1 and 2 to ensure that their new equipment was fitted to their specifications and scans.

All was going well for the two as their suits and armor fit perfectly. Before they put on their helmets for the first time, Noble 6 caught a glance at Jaesa in her new armor. To him she looked absolutely stunning.

Soon after they wanted to test out their enhancements from their session of augmentations yesterday and with their new armor and went to the facilities obstacle course that had 3 areas to complete and targeting range.

The duo were amazed at how huge and spacious the area really was, you could fit around a 100 Pelicans in there and still have enough space.

Ryan wagered a little competition for best time. "How about a little wager to make things interesting?"

Jaesa looks at him with a playful expression. "That depends. What wager are we talking about?" She replied, eager and was down for it as they both certainly felt more refreshed compared to yesterday. They wanted to test out how improved they really are.

They lock eyes to each other ready to use the obstacle course. "For the obstacle course, loser gets to cook lunch.....Deal?" Jaesa scowls sarcastically, she was ready to make him eat his words. "Oh you're on Ghost 1, prepare to be defeated by my awesomeness."

-Ryan went first at the obstacle course and chose a burst fire battle rifle and magnum pistol as his loadout.

He turn begins and rush around picking off dummies that resembled Covenant Grunts, Jackals, Elites and Brutes.

Jaesa manned the timer and gave him a thumbs up. Buzzer sounds and Ghost 1 in rapid succession cleared out the 3 areas with relative ease and accuracy. He cleared the course in 15.8 seconds.

"Top that Leclerc. I already won." He boasted, which only made the female Cat2 Spartan 3 more eager and confident, considering she is a superior asset more so than a typical Spartan 2.

"Haha! Don't be so victorious just yet." She chooses a precision DMR and silenced SMG and got into position, the buzzer sounds and in a split-second Jaesa headshots 7 grunt targets already cleared the first stage, and before Noble 6 knew she had cleared the course in a rapid 14.1 seconds.

She cheers and boasts to her partner on the superiority of the Cat2 Spartan 3. Noble 6 accepts his defeat gracefully and the two were about to leave the Firing Range and Obstacle Course to head to the mess hall to get some grub. As now Noble 6 is cooking today part of his deal.

Suddenly, the bases alarms go off. Olivia 2's voice was heard from their helmet comms. "Monsieur and madame, I hate to break your lovers quarrel, but it appears that we are being infiltrated by 12 hostiles. Possibly Covenant assassin's. Be your guard as I assess their whereabouts." "Consider this a test for your stealth technology fitted to your new suits."