Chapter 10

I wake up 5 minutes before my alarm so I just start to get ready. Only two more days of school and I can relax. Today I decided to wear some black leggings and a t-shirt with my converses.

I then put on my jewelry and read my devotional.

August 10

DO NOT SEARCH FOR SECURITY in the world you inhabit. You tend to make mental checklist of things you need to do in order to gain control of your life. If only you could check everything off your list, you could relax and be at peace. But the more you work to accomplish that goal, the more things crop up on your list. The harder you try, the more frustrated you become. There is a better way to find security in this life. Instead of scrutinizing your check list, focus your attention to My Presence with you. This continual contact with Me will keep you in My Peace. Moreover, I will help you sort out what is important and what is not, what needs to be down now and what does not. Fix your eyes not on what is seen (your circumstances), but in what is unseen (My Presence).

I get my book bag and go to kiss mama and the girls bye. Me and Dani walk to the bus stop.

***
I walk to the cafeteria and look for Sherwood I spit him and walk over.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey." He says.

"You ready to walk to class." I ask.

"Yeah." He says.

And we walk to class, he bumps in to me so I laugh and bump him back. Then I see Miss Swan looking at us as we walk by her class room. Today she is wearing a pencil skirt that is black and white and goes just above her knee as well as a black blouse and some black heels. We walk into our first period and take our seats.

"Hey Brooklyn, Miss Swan would like to see you in her room." Miss Scott says as I was about to get my stuff out.

"Okay." I say as I get up and walk out.

Uh why didn't she just message me she needed to see me. I walk in her room and see her writing something on the board.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey." She says as she looks at me.

She finishes what she was writing on the board and she then turns to me.

"The reason I called you in here is because I need you to help me staple some papers." She says.

"Okay." I say as I look to see the pile of papers we have to staple.

"So you will take these five sheets and staple them together." She tells me.

"Okay." I say.

I sit down at one of the desk, she sits down beside me and hands me a stapler. We start stapling the papers.

"What's your favorite color?" I ask.

"Blue, why do you ask?" She says.

"Just curious." I say.

I staple the papers together and start to make a pile.

"I saw you in the library yesterday as I was printing off the papers." She says.

"I went in there to eat lunch and study." I say.

"I saw you with Bethany." She says.

"Is she okay?" She ask.

"Yeah, she thought it was her fault Anna, Bell, and Edie got suspended. Which it's not because they chose to stick up for her. She doesn't even see how beautiful she is because them girls bully her and make her feel less than." I say.