Mere Yaar ki Shaadi

It was morning and all gathered outside on the veranda. It was Huda's haldi and was waiting to get it started. His mother first applied haldi to him then his close relatives. It was now his friend's turn and Huda was looking at them helplessly. He knows they will rub on him without any mercy. Pooja rubbed on his face and he closed his mouth in fear as she may put it there. Ali gently placed on his face but Yudi applied with all his force to make him realise how he felt when he used to tease him.

Huda : "Tujhe bahut maza aa raha hoga, Yudie".

Yudi : "You bet Huda".

All were laughing after looking at Huda's condition but he was more scared as Alekh and Naina had left. Alekh with a smirk put a lot of haldi on his face and then pressed his fingers very harshly. He numbered under his breath "Dekh lunga tuje Qaidi".

Alekh (looked into his eyes and said) : "Bara aaya".

Huda (smirked) : "Teri daru nahi milegi shaadi mae".

Alekh (with smile) : "Maine peeni chor di hain".

Huda looked at him wide eyes but Alekh glanced at Naina to say Thank You. Naina smiled at him and Rajveer was happy that she helped him to get rid of a bad habit.

It was now Naina's turn, she collected a large portion, put it on his face and rubbed on hair. He coughed as some of it went to his mouth but still smiled at her. He can't get angry as can feel her happiness for him in this. Rajveer came in front, took some of the yellow liquid from Naina's hand and gently applied it on his face. Naina felt a sensation when he touched her fingers but didn't show it. Rajveer used the same material to let him know it's from both of them and wish him happiness for new life. Huda smiled and went to clean up.

The friends are trying to make these two days into memorable as they are meeting after many months. It has become more special as Rajveer is there and Shalini has also come today. They were sitting together after haldi, laughing and reminding old academy days. Shalini was telling them how they ran out of the academy for a party and Rajveer brought them back. Rajveer looked at Naina as from that time she started trusting him and promised her to get his friends back without a punishment. He thought she was a great friend who can go like a deserter but does not want to be a betrayer to her friends. Noor and Sahib were just listening to them with shock as how mischievous they were.

It's going to be a fun evening as it's Sangeet and Mehndi. Rajveer was ready and standing with Alekh and Yudi but his eyes were looking for Naina who has not come out yet. When he saw her felt peace as she always brought content, a security and a belonging for him.

The music has started and all the youngsters started enjoying. But it was playing on high volume and making Rajveer, Shalini and his cadets uncomfortable. Huda heard this from inside the house and felt his ear drums will bust out. He ran towards DJ and made him stop. His friends, Rajveer, Shalini and some elders exhaled a breath as they were not able to listen to this music and were about to leave. Who was dancing stopped, about to shout but saw Huda and quietly left the floor. Huda asked DJ to play better songs rather than just loud noises. Suddenly, Pooja pulled Yudi to the dance floor, Yudi pulled Alekh, and he brought Rajveer. It was like a chain, Rajveer before going grabbed Shalini's hand and she brought Ali, who pulled Naina and she brought Huda who was going to meet his local friend. They were shocked but started laughing. They were enjoying each other's company rather than music and were dancing without caring about the steps. The rest were looking at them and admiring their friendship as how much they are happy and feeling lively. Noor and Sahib with others also join in but still can't match their enthusiasm. They danced for some time and then grabbed seats to get some rest as were really tired. Rajveer and Naina were sitting next to another and when their eyes met, remembered what happened a few hours ago.