Social Media

I was hanging out in the kitchen going through my phone. I was trying to find something new there until I bumped into an ad. It said rubber duckies for sale. And I was curious why somebody wanted to sell their rubber duckies.

Alastor was sitting at the other end of the table. He was trying to mend his hand.

“I’ll help you babe.” I said as I got up and helped him.

“Ah. Thank you darling.” he said with his charming grin.

I helped him mend his hand that Aqua bit the other day. So I made a special herb paste to put on the bite mark which would help with the pain. After I was done, I bandaged him up and gave it a kiss.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” I smiled as I went back to my seat and looking at my phone again.

I was going through the cute rubber ducky ad. I scrolled through to see that they're all different types of ducks. And they all had different colors and different shapes. There was even a duck that spits fire and another duck that can do backflips. I thought that was really clever and I was looking at the list more until I saw the creator’s name. The creator’s name was under name Lucifer.

“Hey babe?” I said to Alastor.

“Yes my love? What is it?”

“Who is Lucifer?”

He sighed and looked away. “Don’t mention that name. I-I’m sorry. But I should go.” he said as he got up and left the kitchen.

“Uhh okay..?”

I was curious why Alastor didn’t like the name. But then I remembered something. I was starting to remember that in the hotel hallway, Charlie hung up pictures of her mother and father.

‘This couldn't be a coincidence… would it?’ I thought to myself.

I kept looking through his page and I found his page on other social media. His page says that he was the King of Hell. I didn’t know that Hell had a king. But then again, this was Hell after all. As I was still looking through Lucifer’s page, I thought about why Alastor didn’t like him.

I kept looking through the rubber ducky page and it seemed that he was so creative with all these different rubber duckies he created. They were so cute I and kept looking through his pages.

As I was still looking, my ears perked up and I was on hearing Alastor cursing and banging outside of the kitchen. I swear I never heard him cursing like that. All I was trying to do was figure out who was Lucifer. I was so curious about him. But I I felt bad because it feels like I'm cheating on Alastor by looking at Lucifer on social media.

I sighed and decided to ask Charlie for more information about her father. So I made some cupcakes for the staff and headed out of the kitchen.

As I was walking, I saw that Husk was back to working at the bar. He was looking much better and I was glad that he was. Wow, never thought I’d say that about the cat. But as I looked around, I was wondering where Aqua was. I was wondering where she was from the past few days since the accident. But I shrugged my shoulders and was heading towards Charlie’s office.

While I was walking down the hallway, I was looking at the pictures that Charlie hung up of mother and father. From the way that I was looking at them, it seemed like they weren't happy and Charlie seemed sad. I felt bad that a little girl like her had to deal with her mother and father. Behind the smiles in the pictures was a broken family. Charlie started working in the hotel while her father was nowhere in sight. Her mother disappeared 7 years ago and Charlie hasn’t heard from her since. I felt bad about her past with her family, she didn’t deserve this.

As I made it to her office door, I knocked on it.

“Come in!”

I walked into the office to see Charlie’s bright face lit up. “Hi Charlie.”

“Hi Rachel! How can I help you?”

“I was wondering if I could look through some of your books please?”

“Of course. Help yourself!”

As I entered into the room, I was looking at the bookshelf. There were so many books to choose from. But then I remembered why I came here. I turned back to Charlie. “Umm Charlie?”

“What is it?”

“May I poke your brain for a little bit? I may have some questions.”

“Sure. What would you like to ask me?”

“I want to understand more about Hell here.”

“Of course. I’m more than glad to tell you.” she said as she took out a book and sat back down at her desk.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. “Ooh, hold that thought.” I said to her.

“No problem. Take your time.” she said.

I took out my phone and saw a notification saying that the rubber duckies Lucifer was selling were on sale. There was a big deal to buy two ducks and you get three ducks for free.

“Hehe, neat.” I said to myself and put my phone away. Then I sat down. “Sorry, it was a sale notification.”

“That’s alright. So what would you like to ask me?”

“Well… I never really read the Bible, but was your dad always a demon or Satan?”

“Why yes. He is the King of Hell himself. Here’s a special book that tells the story of his life before I was born.” Charlie said as she pulls out a book.

“Whoa. That’s a big book.”

“This book always give me comfort. Would you like to listen to it?”

“Yes please.” I smiled.

From that point on, I was listening to Charlie and the story between her family. I thought that it was really interesting. In some points of the story, Charlie would get very emotional at some parts with her mother and father. I felt bad and kept listening to the story until the very end.

“I’m sorry I’m like this.” she sniffled.

“No no. Don’t be sorry.” I said as I hugged her.

Charlie deserved parents that care and love her. Just like my own parents from my past life did. So I made myself a promise. From now on starting today, I will always be there by her side to give her the advice that she needed.

“How about a cupcake? It’ll make you feel better.” I told her.

“Okay.” she dried her eyes and got up.

We walked out of the office and I took her to the kitchen with me. As I gave her a cupcake, she was looking much better. I could tell she loved the cupcake and I was enjoying myself as well. I was glad to cheer her up.

{{ again as always give lovely credit to my good friend LeonardoLover1106