Chapter 17: Magical & Scientific Issues

*Disclaimer* - I do not own the copyright to Kingdom Hearts, Toaru Majutsu no Index, or any other series/characters that will appear in this story.

________________________________________________________________________________

*A/N* - Hey... long time no see. Been a while... probably been too long. Sorry about that. I'll take the blame for this long delay. While life once again had some unexpected things pop up, most of my time in February and March was taken up by some things. *cough* *cough* Persona *cough* Final Fantasy *cough*. Nevertheless, I'm back and got some crazy ideas for the story's progression. Also, I do blame a bit of writer's block kicking in. However, it was nothing too serious, just the occasional feeling of putting off updating the chapter. Alas, enough about my whining.

This chapter will start to move things in an orderly fashion as we are still days ahead of Daihasei and there are a lot of things that take place around this time. Whether it's from the Magical Index side of things or the Scientific Railgun events, things do get quite busy. However, with Sora's inclusion in this story, things might be touched upon or might be different. So, if things don't pan out the way you're expecting then good. That means I'll have subverted expectations for better or worse. Either way, our Keyblade wielder is in for a tough yet eventful time. And with that, I'd like to thank you once again for checking this story out whether you're a KH fan, Toaru fan, or a fan of any other series I reference in this story as that's going to be a developing trend. I hope what I've done so far is at the very least fun. Feedback and reviews have also been a nice thing to read. Now then, thanks again and enjoy the next part of this story.

________________________________________________________________________________

No one uttered a single word.

The air surrounding the area had been consumed with a heavy sense of tension so thick that a knife wouldn't come close to cutting it at all. Moreover, it didn't help that the three individuals currently standing in the area all wielded abilities that could turn this upside down. The Keyblade wielder, the wielder of Imagine Breaker, and the formidable magician affiliated with Necessarius. Each of the boys was eyeing one another closely. Waiting to see who would make the first move.

"Tch. I'm done wasting my time."

Styil, being the one who said this, suddenly stepped back while keeping his eyes shifting from Sora to Touma, but mainly he was focused on the spiky-haired brunette.

"I'm aware of your annoyances, Kamijou. I plan on wearing you down from a distance. However, ..." the red-haired magician then nodded his head over at Sora. "It's him that I'm more concerned about."

The Keyblade wielder's only answer was to glare at him while not saying anything. This entire ordeal had been a negative one right off the bat, and it was thanks to the red-headed magician's behavior toward the two.

"Stiyl- "

It was at this point that Stiyl suddenly pulled a flaming sword from his large coat and swung it forward causing a burst of shockwaves to scatter across the area.

Seeing this random attack, Sora immediately dashed to Touma and grabbed him by the shoulder before jumping right up in the air. This caused Kamijou to go wide-eyed and let out a brief yell before stopping and seeing the magician's attack cover the ground. It appeared that the attack was a wide one with the center being the hotspot to cause problems.