Chapter 23

It was quite a feeling, knowing you have won something. To think that a mere three month ago she was still dreaming about just leaving the hospital room. Her life truly had changed in magical ways. The most magical way being with Hermione.

She was looking at the domed ceiling of her room. The evening making the Slytherin house quiet and calm. Amelia barely spoke with Daphne due to the match. But she was quite happy with being alone with her thoughts for now. Life felt good and special. She wanted to dwell on those feelings for a moment before thinking of anything else.

Amelia let an airy breath leave her, reaching for the student record book. It was at a leisure pace she sifted through the pages to scan the names. She wasn't expecting to find anything if she was honest. But it was fun to see some of these names. To recognize a few from the books she read. The people that Sebastian Sallow could have met were quite the interesting lot.

Poppy Sweeting became a highly accomplished magizoologist. Even been noted to have worked with the famous Newton Scamander. There was also a student, Grace Pinch-Smedley, who turned out to be quite the inventor of handy machines. There was even the blind Ominis Gaunt that could walk around with just his wand.

There could have been so many interesting characters in Sebastian's life-

Amelia flickered back a page, slowly sitting up in her bed, staring at a name she missed last time. How could she have missed it? This was it. Amelia just knew it. Now she needs to figure out what happened him. Many questions would be solved when she discovered more about Ominis Gaunt.

Sleep came eventually but it was hard with what she just found out. It was difficult to let sleep take her yet she did and dreamed about family. Noctua, the father who held the name Black, and Ominis Gaunt.

In the morning a small ceremony of announcing the winner took place. It was right after breakfast in front of all the schools. Dumbledore looked happy with how the tournament went and praised all the players. With the speech over he beckoned Amelia forward, gave the golden coins, and congratulated her. It was a rather underwhelming ceremony if she was honest.

But she was curious about the woman in green clothes. Her eyes seemed to watch with delight. Or deep interest at the very least. Something about her made Amelia dislike her. Her thoughts were confirmed when she glanced at Harry, his face showing a certain frustration when he sees her.

As Amelia stepped up, shaking the hand of the Headmasters and headmistress. The giant woman didn't look fond of her, probably because she beat her student. She made sure to smile extra brightly at her, satisfied with seeing the darkening of her face.

The other headmaster looked unbothered and not caring. In all honesty, this Karkaroff person looked more interested in the action of the main event. Understandably so yet Amelia was satisfied with this for now. It's a first step to show her skill and intellect.

Soon enough, the moment was over. Her little spotlight shining elsewhere now. But with the heavy purse of golden coins, she was more than happy to sit for a moment with Daphne and Henry at the Slytherin table.

"Well done," Henry said softly. "You did quite well in all your matches."

"Thanks Henry. Haven't seen you in a while. Everything alright?"

"Well, yes, it's just been a bit tense at home," he explained. "Mother is getting anxious about something."

"Ah... Well, I hope it's all good."

"So far," he said with a light shrug. "It usually passes, but it is going on for longer than normal... I guess it's something big she has seen in the crystal ball or something. Her letters are not fun to read if I'm honest."