Chapter 15

Amelia was angry.

The moment Hermione calmed down by being kissed a few times, Amelia brought her back to the Tower. Their date would not happen. Perhaps that's alright, because Amelia will not let this slide. She's willing to let many things go. Insulting Hermione was the only line one should not cross.

In her room, she was seething on her bed. Her mind was filled with the idea to murder Draco. But she wouldn't as Hermione would not want that. And she never wants to become a murderer. No matter what that person has done to her, she never could take a life so easy.

But there's one thing she knew about bullies. They are the most insecure and weak. Yet with Draco, he doesn't really fit that bill at least according to the documentaries. But she'll have him brought down. One way or another.

"Geez, what happened to you?"

Daphne entered the room, looking quite confused at the hot angry air that clung around Amelia. It made her not wish to sit too close, deciding to put herself at her desk.

"Malfoy insulted Hermione, made her cry."

"Oh, I understand the fury now," Daphne muttered under her breath. "What's it you're gonna do?"

"Don't know yet... but something. I'm not resting until I do. Insult me however you wish, see if I care. But not Hermione. Not my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend!? Congrats, Black! Knew you could do it."

Daphne was now storming toward her, momentarily making Amelia forget all of the things she wished to do. It makes her all the more happy to have Daphne in her life. Amelia smiled as she let Daphne give her a crushing hug.

"Thanks, Daphne," Amelia chuckled, feeling better for the first time in hours.

"Good for you, Amelia! Glad to see something goes right for once," Daphne said, sitting next to her as she let an arm settle around Amelia's shoulders. "Now, tell me. Got some good snogging action going on?"

"Of course! We're both hands-on in our approach," Amelia giggled. It's easy to see what Daphne is trying to do. And Amelia is glad she is doing it. She doesn't like to be angry or plot to humiliate someone. Perhaps some outsourcing would be worthwhile?

"Good, it's better to see you smile than being grumpy and angry," Daphne said, bumping shoulders. "Malfoy is mostly hot air, Amelia. It's not worth your time."

"I know, but I can't just let it slide... He made my girlfriend cry."

"It's not that you should accept it, but you shouldn't let it get to you," Daphne told her. "Look, Draco loves it if you respond. Leave it unanswered, he will become disinterested. He can't do much else or he'll have Snape breathing down his neck. Say what you will, but even Draco fears Snape. Everyone does, well, except you."

"But Hermione is not in Slytherin."

"Well, uhm," Daphne pondered for a moment. "Yeah, that's not gonna stop Draco. Snape wouldn't care..."

"I'll think of something, and think about what you said, thanks Daphne. For cheering me up."

"That's what friends are for! So, any plans today? I could use some help with potions..." Daphne said, her eyes giving a hopeful shine. It made Amelia chuckle, nodding a little in amusement.

"At a later moment, Daphne. I've got something planned, but I'd love to help you later when I am back."

"Oh, off to Granger?"

"Partially," Amelia chuckled, standing up, breathing in and out to clear her head. "Also to meet up with Harry and Ron."

"Sure, sure, I'll be here. Suffering this potions assay. All alone."