Chapter 34: The Final Dance

I woke up and yawned. When I looked over this time, Peter was actually still there. I smiled and got out of bed. I changed into my clothes and got a great idea. Probably not the best idea but it was in my brain.

I walked over to the bed and climbed onto it, standing. I began to jump on the bed. "Rise and shine, Peter! Time to get up! Don't be lazy now!"

I heard a loud groan from him as he turned his body away from me. This just made me bounce even more. "Peter! Time to get up!" Peter grumbled and turned back towards me. As I was bouncing, he grabbed my leg and pulled me down. I yelped as I landed on my back, on the bed, underneath Peter. He was actually pretty awake.

"I don't understand how you can be so hyper in the mornings." Peter sighed, suddenly collapsing on top of me. It was unexpected so the wind was knocked out of me. But, it just made me laugh.

"Because it means I get to wake you up and it's fun." I smoothed down his hair since his head was on my chest.

"I think you just like torturing me." Peter smiled a little.

"Yeah, basically." I smiled as well. Peter lifted his head and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"Well, I'm up now. Let me change and we'll go see what the others are up to." Peter rolled off of me and onto the floor. I laughed a little. Peter got up and changed into his clothes.

When he was done, we left our room and began making our way to the main room. That's when an incredible smell wafted through the air. I started to sniff as the smell increased. Peter smiled. We followed the smell and what I saw was absolutely unbelievable.

Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot were all there, smiling at Peter and I. The thing was, on the table, was breakfast. It was exactly like the ones Peter and I made for them. I put a hand on my chest.

"Good morning." Gamora smiled.

"Did you guys make this?!" I asked, completely shocked. They nodded. I looked at Peter and he looked at me. We both smiled and sat down at the table. "Thank you guys, so much!"

"You're welcome." Gamora replied, a small smile still on her face.

That morning, we all ate together, eating breakfast and laughing together. I felt like I had a family. And it was the greatest feeling in the world. I loved them all so much.

-later-

That night, I was standing by a window, looking out at space. It was such a pretty view. Then, on the jukebox, "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" began to play. Someone took my hand and spun me around. I smiled at Peter.

"We still never got to finish that dance." Peter said, smiling.

"Well, we can now." I said. Peter held me close to his chest, holding my hands in between our chests as we rocked back and forth. I smirked. I think it's time we stop dancing like this. Time to step it up a notch. I thought to myself. I looked at Peter and put both of my hands on the back of his neck. Peter smirked and put his hands on my hips. "Much better." I smiled.

"Do you ever regret anything?" Peter asked.

I looked him in the eyes with a smile. "Nope. Not at all."

Peter smiled as well. "Me neither."

That night, as Peter and I danced, I thought about how happy I was. I had the perfect guy, I was living in space, I saved the universe, and I made great friends. I had everything I needed and wanted. Peter helped me so many times in so many ways and there's no way I could repay him. All I could do was be the best girlfriend I could be.

"I love you, Star-Lord." I looked into his eyes as I said it with a big smile.

"I love you too, Suzie." Peter grinned. The song ended but Peter and I didn't separate. We leaned in closer to each other, the space clouds illuminated the room even more. The view was absolutely beautiful since I could see a reflection of it in the corner of Peter's eyes. Peter wrapped his arms around my waist and slowly pulled me closer. I wrapped my arms around Peter's neck. Our eyes closed and our lips connected.

At that moment, I knew it couldn't get any better than that.

~The End~