Chapter 25: Never Again

-Suzie's P.O.V.-

I was singing when I thought I heard someone walking behind me. I stopped singing, paused my music, and turned around. I gasped. "P-Peter?!"

"Suzie..." Peter walked up to me. I was surprised so I stepped back.

"W-What- U-Uh- Y-You-?!" I was completely shocked. "W-Were you following me?!"

"Just when I saw you walking down the street." Peter answered.

"W-Why?!"

"I had to chase after you, of course." Peter smiled a little. Peter stood in front of me. He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine, unexpectedly. My eyes fluttered closed. The nervous feeling in my stomach came back. His lips were still soft and gentle. I was immediately immersed in the kiss.

He pulled away from me and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly. "Don't ever run away again." He said in my ear. "I love you too."

I took in a breath. "W-What?" I had lowered my voice into a whisper.

"You ran away before I could tell you." Peter replied. "Please don't ever leave again."

"Peter..." I hugged Peter tighter. "Never again."

Peter let me go and kissed me again. His hand cupped me face and one of my hands was on his shoulder, the other on the back of his neck. Peter pulled back slowly. "Good." Then he pressed his lips to mine once again.

"Eugh. Gross." I heard a familiar voice say. Peter and I broke apart and snapped our heads in the direction of the voice. It was Rocket. The others were there too.

I smiled. "Hey, guys. Its been awhile, huh?" I backed away from Peter and walked over to them, giving them a group hug. They pestered me with questions which I answered but it was mostly questions like, "What happened?" or "What did you do?" and I just said I wandered around the galaxy. That's really what I did.

"Be right back." Peter said, grabbing my hand and dragging me around the corner.

"Peter?" I looked at him questionably.

"You're coming back on our ship, right?" Peter asked.

"Well...my ship..." I looked over my shoulder and down the road my ship was on. Then I smiled. "You know what? It's just a ship." I smiled and looked back at Peter. Peter returned my smile. "I am going to need my stuff though."

"Let's go get it then." Peter said. I nodded and went back to the others.

"We're going to get my stuff." I told the others. They nodded and we all went back to my ship.

-the Ace of Spades-

I began to pack my stuff. I packed my Gameboy, my clothes, my weapons, my bathroom necessities, etc. Then, I felt a chin on my shoulder. I looked over and Peter was resting his chin on my shoulder. "Hey, Peter." I smiled.

"You almost done packing?" Peter raised an eyebrow.

"I just finished. You ready to go?" I asked. Peter nodded, removing his chin from my shoulder. He walked out of the room. I followed behind, closing the door. We all left the ship. I looked back at my ship and let out a small sigh. I put my hand on it.

"See ya, Ace." I removed my hand from the ship and caught up with the others.

-later-

Everyone had gone to bed as I was unpacking. I was organizing everything into dressers and on tables. It really didn't take that long. I had also packed some things to make food. Food. That's when it hit me. Rocket, Gamora, and Drax have probably never had a proper breakfast! Or cupcakes! The thought appalled me. I knew right then that it was my chance to pay everyone back for what they had done for me; for everything.

I smiled to myself. I was extremely excited. I ran to the little cooking area Peter had on the Milano. I looked at my ingredients. They were pretty alien to me (literally and figuratively) but I knew that I could still make the food. And if it turned out bad, I could always throw it away. I had enough to start over if I needed to. I hoped I wouldn't need to. I hid the ingredients so I could cook early and not have anyone know what I was up to.

I went back to my room and set my alarm early. Oh, I was so excited.