Chapter 18: Rescue

-Peter's P.O.V.-

We waited eagerly for the Mercenary to show up. I was fuming and I needed to keep a promise I made.

Rocket walked up to us and handed us each a little device. "Don't use them now or else you're going to blow up the ship." He warned us.

"What?!" I looked at the insane, talking raccoon.

"I don't know what kind of cell she's in. So, these will just blow up the door. It's simple!" Rocket shrugged. I sighed but kept my eyes out for the Mercenary.

"Look! There it is!" Gamora pointed at a ship. It was black and red and bigger than my ship. Probably because it had more people on it.

"Let's go." I got up and got out of my ship, followed by the others. I started walking over to the ship. We waited in the dark as people started to file out of the ship. When the door to the ship closed and people stopped coming out of the ship. I motioned for them to follow me.

We stopped next to the ship. Drax turned to us. "I will boost you up." He folded his hands and crouched down.

"Ladies first." I smirked a little and stepped to the side and motioned for Gamora to go first. Not now, me! Although- Drax pushed Gamora up. She made it to the top.

"Rocket, you're up." I said. Rocket sighed. We had to leave Groot by himself on the ship because we couldn't be carrying him around on the "mission". But, he was boosted up by Drax and Gamora helped him up. Then, it was my turn. I put my foot on his hands and he boosted me up. Gamora and Rocket helped me up. I made it up.

We all turned and reached out to Drax to help him up. I grabbed his hand and the others grabbed his arm. We all pulled him up. When he was up, I let out a sigh. Then, I stood up and walked over to the hatch. I opened it slowly and looked down inside. There was nobody I could see. I turned back to everyone.

"I'll go first to make sure the coast is clear." I put on my mask and jumped down, pulling out my pistols. I looked around but no one was there. I motioned the others down. They softly climbed down.

"Everyone got their explosives?" I asked.

"They aren't explosives! They just explode is all." Rocket whispered.

"That's why their called explosives!" I whisper-yelled back.

"Not now!" Gamora whispered. "Let's split up now." We all nodded. I went off in one direction.

I tip-toed down the little hallway. I looked around for anyone. As I took another step, I looked forward. I saw a shadow so I pressed my back against the corner and waited. I peeked around the corner and watched as the shadow looked around, and then slowly continue on, out of sight.

I stopped leaning against the wall and began to keep walking. Honestly, when I'm sneaking around or about to steal something, I listen to music. I know, I was suppose to be serious. In my defense, I was! I just wanted to listen to music. I look off my mask and put on my headphones. I turned on my Walkman and the song, O-O-OH Child, began to play. Then, I continued looking.

-Suzie's P.O.V.-

Ooh-oo child

Things are gonna get easier

Ooh-oo child

Things'll get brighter

Ooh-oo child

Things are gonna get easier

Ooh-oo child

Things'll get brighter

My eyes were closed as I began to softly sing, 'O-O-OH Child' in my cell, making it echo a little. It actually cheered me awhile. I kept softly singing. But then, I could ever-so faintly hear the actual song playing. I felt my heart suddenly start pounding.

Some day, yeah

We'll get it together and we'll get it all done

Some day

When your head is much lighter

Some day, yeah

We'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun

Some day

When the world is much brighter

Then, the music had grown louder. I knew it couldn't have been my imagination. Then, I heard another, more masculine voice singing,

Ooh-oo child

Things are gonna be easier

Ooh-oo child

Things'll get be brighter

Ooh-oo child

Things are gonna be easier

Ooh-oo child

Things'll get be brighter

My eyes opened and I looked to my cell door. I took in a breath. "P-Peter!" I cried out with a smile, running over to the cell door. Peter grinned.

"Miss me?" He raised his eyebrows, still smiling.

"Sadly, yes." I teased. "What are you doing here?!" I whispered.

"I'm keeping my promise and getting you out of here." Peter looked at the cell door.

"Careful! Don't touch the door! It's electrified." I warned.

"Suzie, step back." Peter said, stepping back as well. I did as he said. Suddenly, he pulled out a little device. He pointed it at the cell door. An explosion hit the door, completely knocking it off its hinges. I looked at the door that was now on the ground. I heard an unlocking sound. I looked back at Peter who had done the same thing I did. I ran at him and tackled him in a hug.

"Thank you, Peter!" I whispered in his ear.

"I made a promise, didn't I? And didn't I say I keep my promises?" He muttered.

"But, didn't you say that you always keep your promises when they're to muscle-bound whack-jobs who will kill you if you don't?" I literally quoted him from when we were back in prison and in the watchtower.

"Yeah. You fit in that category." He smiled. I laughed.

"Thank you so much, Peter." I hugged him tighter.

"You're welcome. Now, let's get out of here." He turned on his radio.

"Are the others here too?" I asked.

"Yeah. We all split up to look for you." Peter answered. Then, he whispered, "Yeah, I got her. Let's get out of here."

"Peter, they took all of my stuff." I said.

"We'll get you better stuff." Peter smiled. Then, he put on his helmet.

"O-Okay."