Chapter 13: Ace of Spades

That night, I made a call to the Nova Corps.

"Hey, It's Suzanne Lockett. I'm going to need my ship. Send it to these coordinates, please." I said. The coordinates were nearby but kept the Milano out of sight. I assumed that Peter didn't want to have the Nova Corps know where he was (even though our records were clean).

"We'll send someone in it right away." The Nova Corps officer replied.

"Thanks." I then ended the call.

"You know, those coordinates are pretty far." Peter was standing in a doorway, leaning against it, his arms crossed.

"We don't need the Nova Corps on our tail, do we?" I smiled.

"You're not going to run out on us, are you?"

"Nope. Do you want to come with to make sure I don't?" I crossed my arms too.

"I'm coming too. I wouldn't be able to be alone with Gamora and Drax." Rocket said, entering the room with baby Groot in his arms.

"You got Groot! It would be fine!" Peter said.

"He can't talk yet. And I bet if he could, he would want to go with you two. So, we're coming too." Rocket retorted.

"Okay, okay, fine." Peter sighed.

-later-

I had put on my helmet (I finally found it in a room that the Nova Corps had salvaged) and wore mini-jets under my shoes. I was flying at the coordinates. Peter was basically radioed in with me. So, he would know if I was leaving if I tried.

The Nova Corps officer showed up in my ship with his own ship in tow. I got on my ship.

"Thanks, officer. You can get on your own ship for now. I'll let you know when you can go back home." I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Yes, ma'am." He nodded and got off my ship, getting on his own. Then, I detached the ship from his and flew off to the Milano, out of sight.

I sat down at my table in the main room. "Alright, if you look to your left you will see the Ace of Spades floating in space nearby. It's a great sight and if you want you may board it. Thank you for flying Air Space." I said in my pilot's voice to Peter.

Not too long after, Peter and Rocket got on my ship...along with Drax and Gamora. "Oh hey, everyone." I smiled at everyone. I leaned over to Peter and whispered, "Why's everyone here?"

"They said they like your rooms better." Peter replied.

"Oh. Well, I was just going to put some stuff here and grab some other stuff. I wasn't planning on staying here for long." I said.

"Well, tell them that." Peter pointed at the group. And, I did.

"Also, just tell me when you guys want to get back on the Milano. It'll be soon anyway so the sooner, the better." I said. "Anyway, I'm going to go to my room." I stood up and went to my room.

I walked into my room. I collapsed on my bed, burying my face in the pillow. I groaned. I wonder what's going to happen now? I thought. I rolled over and stared at the ceiling. I sat up and got off my bed. I reached into my leather jacket and pulled out my Gameboy. I set it down on my bed. I stretched and let out a sigh.

As I was looking at my Gameboy, I felt an arm drape across my shoulders. My eyes widened and my head snapped over. I saw it was just Peter.

"Oh, Peter. I didn't even hear you come in." I smiled. "What's up?"

"Well, you said you were going to your room so I thought I would join you." Peter smirked a little.

"Nice try, Peter." I rolled my eyes.

"By the way, do you have music? We never did finish that dance because of Rocket." Peter said.

"I do but, not right now. We're about to get back onto your ship." I was about to get my stuff ready to get back on the Milano.

"Hey, everything's going to be fine, alright?" Peter had a caring look in his eyes.

"Yeah, I know. I still can't help but worry, you know?" I sighed. I was worried about what was going to happen next.

"Hey. Look at me." Peter whispered. I turned my head and looked him in the eyes. "It's going to be alright. I won't let anything bad happen. I promise."

"But, what if-" I stared.

"Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay." Peter said.

"Are you sure, Star-Lord?" I smirked a little.

"I'm positive. So, since we're here..." He smirked as well. I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything. Our faces inched closer and our eyes closed.

"Again?" I heard Rocket say in my door. I jumped back from Peter once again. "Just came in to say we're ready to get back on Peter's ship."

"Okay. Well, let's get back on his ship then." I said. "I'll just grab something real quick and we'll go."

Rocket left the room. I turned and grabbed my Gameboy. I put in in my leather jacket pocket. I looked at Peter with a smile and then left. I went to my living room and grabbed a cassette I had. I had named it, "Suzie's Awesome Mix" a long time ago. I smiled.

Then, I went back to everyone else. They were all standing at the main entrance. "Let's go, shall we?"