Chapter 19: Stopped

I let go of Peter. He looked at my face closely and then looked concerned. "What happened to your head?" He moved my hair away from my forehead to reveal the bruise I had gotten when I was thrown to the floor.

"My head hit the ground pretty rough." I answered.

"How do you hit your head on the ground?" Peter raised an eyebrow.

"...I was slammed into the ground by Alistair." I mumbled.

"I'll kill that son of a bitch." Peter muttered to himself.

"Maybe another time. For now, I want to get out of here." I looked around to make sure no one was around.

"Right. Let's go." Peter grabbed my hand and began to lead me. We were crouched down and walking as fast and soft as we could. Peter stopped himself and I. We watched at one of Alistair's men walked by. Then, we continued on.

"This way. In the next room, there's a hatch in the roof that we'll climb out of." Peter explained.

"Why would someone put a hatch in the roof of a spaceship?!" I asked.

"That's what I said!"

"Well, well, well. What do we have hear?" I heard a dark voice say. My body tensed up and my hand lightly squeezed Peter's tighter. We stopped and turned around. It was Alistair, smirking.

"Are you trying to escape, Suzie?" Alistair closed his eyes and clicked his tongue. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. You should know better than that Suzie. You're home is here, with me."

"Back off!" Peter snapped, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and he pulled me closer to his side.

Alistair's eyes opened. "And who are you?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Star-Lord." Peter replied. I smiled a little. I felt so much calmer with Peter with me.

"Ah yes. Peter Quill." Alistair nodded. "You know, you really shouldn't have come here."

"I made a promise." Peter looked at me and then back at Alistair.

"Promises are still just words. Besides, we both know that I'll be taking her back." Alistair smirked again.

"No, you won't." Peter pulled out his pistol and aimed it at Alistair. But, at the same time, Alistair pointed his own pistol at Peter. "Well, looks like we have a stand-off, don't we?"

"I would win. I will win." Alistair looked at me. "Suzie, if you don't come over here, I will kill him."

I froze up. "No..."

"Suzie, you aren't going anywhere." Peter held me tighter against him.

"Peter, there's no point of both of us dying. I don't need you dying on my watch." I said.

"Neither of us are dying. You on the other hand," Peter looked at Alistair. "You probably are though."

Alistair threw his head back and laughed. "You're a little too confident for your own good."

"Thanks." Peter smiled. I couldn't stop mine from forming too.

"How about I turn the tables?" Alistair then pointed the gun at me. "If you don't drop your weapon, I shoot her."

Peter looked at me. "Peter, if I'm not allowed to walk over there, you aren't allowed to put your gun down."

"I'll handle this." Peter smiled again. He lowered his pistol and dropped it.

"Kick it to me." Alistair ordered. Peter did. "Now, step away from her." Peter gave me one last look before letting go of me and stepping away.

Alistair smirked and walked over to me. He grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me closer to him. I began to squirm away from his touch. He wrapped his arm around my waist and held me to his side. He stopped pointing the gun at me and pointed it at Peter instead. Peter was holding his hands up.

Alistair made us move so I was standing in front of Peter, a few feet away from him. Alistair smirked again. "She's beautiful, isn't she?" He suddenly sniffed my hair, his face closer than it needed to be. I shivered in fear, my body beginning to shake. He hand started to creep along my skin.

"Don't touch her!" Peter suddenly snapped.

"Why? Are you...jealous?" Alistair's smirk grew wider. "But, that doesn't matter now." Suddenly, Alistair pointed his pistol at Peter and shot him.

"PETER!!" I screamed. Peter let out a cry of pain. I was filled with the most rage I've felt in my life. I started to yell in completely rage as I turned to Alistair. I grabbed his wrist and began to turn the pistol in his hand at himself.

Alistair smacked me, making me fall to the ground. But, I kicked his legs out from under him. He fell to the ground. I got on top of Alistair and grabbed his wrist again. He shot the pistol before I turned it, grazing the side of my head. But, I was filled with such rage and adrenaline, I didn't register the pain. I kept bending his wrist.

"Payback's a bitch, isn't it?" I snarled before I shot him in the chest. Alistair let out a gurgling noise before he slowly went limp. I was panting from how mad I was. Then, I slowly calmed down and that's when I registered the wound on my head. I knew it wasn't serious and wouldn't leave any kind if scars. It was just going to be really painful.

I started to get dizzy and I collapsed on the ground. I groaned a little, my eyelids getting heavy. Then, my eyes shot open. "Peter!" I scrambled to my feet. I saw Peter lying on the ground, holding his arm. I ran over to his side and dropped to my knees. "Peter! Peter, oh my God, are you okay?!" Peter was awake but he was gritting his teeth from the pain.

"I-It's just a flesh wound." Peter smiled a little.

"Don't worry! I'm going to get you out of here. You're going to be okay, I promise!" I put my hand on his cheek.

"Suzie, I just want you to know-"

"Shut up, Peter! Don't be so dramatic! You're not going to die! I won't let you." I said. "ROCKET! GAMORA! GUYS!" I turned my head and shouted for help. "You're going to be okay, Peter. You're going to be okay..." Peter smiled but it faded as his eyes started to close. "Peter? Peter?!"